PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger Problem

gokmengs
05-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Everyone first post here;
I have been searching for answer but couldn't find it so here it goes.
Just upgraded to 8700g from 7100 and I am having a problem with the RIM messenger.
1) Everybody I try to add as a contact is listed as pending eventhough they accept my invitation.
2)If people send invitations to me I get the email but it tells me to download RIM messenger and go back to the message eventhough I already have the application on my phone.
I was using this heavily on my previous BB and I would love to figure out a way to use it on my new 8700 too.
Appreciated the help.

rcbjr
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
One thought, don't know if it's the problem or not, but did you happen to do a backup of your 7100, and restore it to your 8700 and BB messenger was still there or did you load BB messenger directly to your 8700. If the former, try deleting it and doing a new install.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

philhu
05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I upgraded from a 7290 to 8700g

I downloaded the new messenger, but see the same problem.

To get the pending to accepted, after the other person accepted the request, I rebooted by Blackberry and it immediately accepted the other user as a contact.

Does anyone else have profile problems, where messenger notify tone, blinking led and vibrate do NOT work?

gokmengs
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
One thought, don't know if it's the problem or not, but did you happen to do a backup of your 7100, and restore it to your 8700 and BB messenger was still there or did you load BB messenger directly to your 8700. If the former, try deleting it and doing a new install.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
I did a clean install friom the scratch but still no good. :-x
philhu;
To get the pending to accepted, after the other person accepted the request, I rebooted by Blackberry and it immediately accepted the other user as a contact.
I will give that a try to but it sure is annoying to do. I really don't understand how an app. that works like a charm on a previous model has problems on the new and advanced machine

martial
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Wheres the site that i should download MSN? Is tha Yahoo messenger or is the regular messenger?

philhu
05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I am seeing 2 other problems with the 'new' messenger, which worked perfectly on my 7290

1) No sound/led/vibrate notification - Profile is ignored for messenger

2) After 15 minutes or so of inactivity, sending just sits, not 'd' or 'r' on message and other side does not see it. Also, other side gets the 'clock' icon when sending a message to a bb that has been sitting quiet for 15 minutes or so. I have to actually turn off and on the radio!!!

This is really bad now. Worked perfectly on my 7290!!!

gokmengs
05-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Wheres the site that i should download MSN? Is tha Yahoo messenger or is the regular messenger?
Its on the blackberry website. Its blackberry's own messenger.
I agree philhu; it worked perfect on my previous phone too.

philhu
05-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Duh!

Re: No notification 'bug':

I had myself set to unavailable.

From the manual: If you are set to unavailable, you will still receive instant messages, but WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED.