PDA

View Full Version : 7100i sim card

benny1981
05-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I have a 7100i and it's software is currupt. I'm wanting to have this phone swaped out with a new one. I am unable to sync to my pc as the software is currupt. My question what all data is stored on the sim card? is it just a phone book or all data such as emails?

thanks

KonTiki
05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Why dont you reinstall the OS on it? At the top of the page there is a button called Blackberry FAQs, that will lead you to a thread for OS upgrades. What I would do is unistall the desktop manager and handheld managers from the PC, get the newest software for it, download and install them after haveing rebooted your computer, and load a fresh OS to your BB, that should get you going again without need to swap it out.

benny1981
05-17-2006, 10:28 AM
I've upgraded the OS, it didn't fix the problem. My phone boots to an error "JVM Error 102" and does nothing else. Techsupport said the only solution is to replace the phone, so I was wondering how much data I would loose and how much I would keep if I used the sim card in my current phone in the new one..

NJBlackBerry
05-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Did you run Javaloader to wipe the BB clean or just upgrade the OS?

I suggest you run Javaloader and wipe it out.

NutsNBolts76
05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
no info is stored on the sim in this bb, except maybe mms messages. with that error message, all contacts and such are already lost.