PDA

View Full Version : "Send Using" disappeared?

calkenneth
05-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an 8700c that I just got last week. I installed BBReply earlier this week and had it working such that I could send and respond to emails using my other accounts (originally configured within BWC.)

However, now I can't get the "Send Using" line to show up when I respond to emails any more. I only see "Send Using" when I compose or forward an email, not when I reply.

I uninstalled BBReply, rebooted, took my battery out twice, rebooted again, to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I cannot choose "Send Using" anymore, and how I can get it back?

Also, what do the Email Reconciliation settings do? Does it matter which thing (Desktop or Web Client) you leave it on, if both settings are to your liking?

Thanks!
Kenneth

joginder
05-17-2006, 01:37 PM
resend the service books and it should be fine.

calkenneth
05-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I resent them earlier and I still don't see the "Send Using" command during Replies. They show up only during Forwards and new Compositions.

earth
05-17-2006, 02:38 PM
are you sending the service book from the BES or the BIS? I believe it has to be sent from the BIS.

calkenneth
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I did it using BIS website. I don't even know how to do it with BES. ;). Still no "send using" option. Do you guys have it in yours?

chapgage
09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I've been having the same problem, I've tried deleting and undeleting the Desktop (Cmime) then re-encrypting, I've re-installed all the desktop software, and a few other things. How would I go about completely wiping the blackberry (8700c)? Should I also take them off the BES and create a new account there as well? Any advice would be appreciated, this is driving me crazy...

CG

chapgage
09-11-2006, 10:45 AM
I've managed to get the send to come back after re-sending the service book from the BES, but as soon as I re-connected it back to the desktop, it dissappeared again, even though I did a compete reinstall of the desktop software. Any way to fix this?

juwaack68
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I've managed to get the send to come back after re-sending the service book from the BES, but as soon as I re-connected it back to the desktop, it dissappeared again, even though I did a compete reinstall of the desktop software. Any way to fix this?

If you are on your company's BES, there is probably an IT Policy that is not allowing you to use the 'Send As' feature.

chapgage
09-11-2006, 02:33 PM
How would I go about adjusting the IT policy? Unfortunately I'm underqualified to be our system administrator, but we have a small company so I'm all we've got...

juwaack68
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Are you the BES Admin?

JerryD
09-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an 8700c that I just got last week. I installed BBReply earlier this week and had it working such that I could send and respond to emails using my other accounts (originally configured within BWC.)

However, now I can't get the "Send Using" line to show up when I respond to emails any more. I only see "Send Using" when I compose or forward an email, not when I reply.

I uninstalled BBReply, rebooted, took my battery out twice, rebooted again, to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I cannot choose "Send Using" anymore, and how I can get it back?

Also, what do the Email Reconciliation settings do? Does it matter which thing (Desktop or Web Client) you leave it on, if both settings are to your liking?

Thanks!
Kenneth
Cingular is now on BIS 2.x. If you've upgraded or established the account since May, you don't need BBReply (and I don't think it will work with BIS 2 anyway). You'll know if you're on BIS 2 if you have no Inbox on the BIS Web site.

To set which email account you're using when sending an email, simply scroll all the way to the top of the email to the SEND USING field, and hit the space bar until it says it's using the email account you want to use, or hit the ALT key to bring up the list of email accounts available and select it from there.

Unfortunately, you can't REPLY using another email account, but you can FORWARD AS and use any email account.

I think if you want to have a different REPLY TO address in emails you send from an account, change it in the BIS Setup web page by changing the Email (not Email Account) field.