PDA

View Full Version : 8700C with Mercedes Bluetooth?

woogs
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I have a 2006 MB E Class with factory Bluetooth. Does anyone know if the 8700C will work with it and upload the phonebook?

MB said a 7100G will work but the 8700C would not be supported until later in the year. I would have expected the 8700C to work if the 7100G does.

Has anyone tried or know?

d_fisher
05-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Sorry never tried. I am driving a 1990 Ford Ranger POS at the moment.

woogs
05-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Well actually that is one of our employees that has the Benz not me...

I have a BMW but am too cheap to pay the $500 for Bluetooth =) maybe one of these days...

omkhar
05-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I've seen a lot of posts regarding Bluetooth address book syncing with various vehicles (BMW, MB, Acura) - silly question, but WHY?

Do not own a new(er) luxury vehicle, but what would syncing allow? Why would I want my address book stored in my vehicle? Is this just for GPS kinda stuff or is there a different functionality I'm failing to see?

lgreenberg
05-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I've seen a lot of posts regarding Bluetooth address book syncing with various vehicles (BMW, MB, Acura) - silly question, but WHY?

Do not own a new(er) luxury vehicle, but what would syncing allow? Why would I want my address book stored in my vehicle? Is this just for GPS kinda stuff or is there a different functionality I'm failing to see?

These cars have Bluetooth built in which allows the driver to make/receive calls from the car's internal voice recognition system. Having your names and numbers stored in the car's computer means never having to access your phone while in the car to make calls.

earth
05-18-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm quite sure all blackberries work with bluetooth in BMW's. I just set one up recently for an executive and it was a bit of fooling around, but it did work.

I will say though, qualm #1 with bberries? No voice dial.

nuri
05-18-2006, 02:58 PM

First of all, the integration in my 06 Acura TL is amazing... it's one of my favorite features. However, here's what happens on an incoming call since my address book isn't synced: I'm driving around, and a call comes in. On my display, I see "CALL FROM 206-555-1212". If my address book was synced, I may see "CALL FROM BOB JONES". Makes it much easier to identify the incoming caller since I have 200 numbers in my BB! :razz:

deezmfnutz
05-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I have a 2006 MB E Class with factory Bluetooth. Does anyone know if the 8700C will work with it and upload the phonebook?

MB said a 7100G will work but the 8700C would not be supported until later in the year. I would have expected the 8700C to work if the 7100G does.

Has anyone tried or know?

I don't have a 2006 MB but I do have a 2000 MB which I retrofitted with the newly available moto v60 bluetooth puck. The 2006 uses a different bluetooth puck that my bluetooth puck BUT they are both made by MB so you may have similar results. My 8700c (with the bharti .284 handheld firmware) and it pairs perfectly, very stable. CallerID works and phone book download works as well. If you care I am using PSE model number Q6820754.