PDA

View Full Version : Emails not showing up on the Blackberry

Vandna
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out. A lot of users have upgraded their blackberry's to 7130e, what I have noticed and it may not have anything to do with the model, but they are not recieving their emails on the Blackberry, it does however show up in Lotus Note. When I look at BB Manager it tells me that the messages are pending but I don't know how to get it to the blackberry. Can someone please help me out

rgershbock
05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Here is a general list of things to check. There are probably other ways to disable email as well. Are the problem units all new, and what software version are they running?

On the HH, is the radio on? (Amazing how often the answer is "ooops")
On the HH, in Mesages/Options/Email Reconciliation, is Wireless Reconcile visible, and set to On?
On the HH, in Messages/Options/Email Settings, is Send Email to Handheld set to Yes?
On the HH, in Messages/Options/Filters, is the setting for If no filters apply, send email to handheld set to Yes? Are there any enabled filters that could be set incorrectly?
On the BlackBerry Manager, is there the correct IT policy selected for each handheld?
On the BlackBerry Manager, in Server Configuration/Email, is Wireless Email Reconciliation Enabled set to True? (If this one was wrong it would mess up everyone.)
On the BlackBerry Manager, when you double-click a unit in the Domain view, under Redirection, is Redirect to Handheld set to true?

dev
05-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out. A lot of users have upgraded their blackberry's to 7130e, what I have noticed and it may not have anything to do with the model, but they are not recieving their emails on the Blackberry, it does however show up in Lotus Note. When I look at BB Manager it tells me that the messages are pending but I don't know how to get it to the blackberry. Can someone please help me out

Did you do a security wipe of the new devices before assigning to the users?
As a "Best Practices" approach....you should perform a security wipe on any device (new=from Vendor/old=handed down) prior to assigning to a user. That ensures that all previous data and encryption keys are removed.

Vandna
05-23-2006, 04:41 PM
rgershblk - i have checked everything on ur list. BES is running 4.0.1.12, Desktop Manager is 4.1
The radio is on
Wireless Reconcile - i believe it was visiable and set to ON, but I can't remember
Messages/Options/Email Setting/sent email to handheld is set to yes
There are no fileters
We only have one IT Policy and it is applied to the BB
Wireless Email Reconcilation on BES is set to True
and Redire to Handheld is set to true

dev - we did do a security wipe

What I'm also noticing is the PIN numbers aren't showing up on BES. I'm wondering if there is a bigger issue here

BESINDIA
05-29-2006, 08:30 AM
rgershblk - i have checked everything on ur list. BES is running 4.0.1.12, Desktop Manager is 4.1
The radio is on
Wireless Reconcile - i believe it was visiable and set to ON, but I can't remember
Messages/Options/Email Setting/sent email to handheld is set to yes
There are no fileters
We only have one IT Policy and it is applied to the BB
Wireless Email Reconcilation on BES is set to True
and Redire to Handheld is set to true

dev - we did do a security wipe

What I'm also noticing is the PIN numbers aren't showing up on BES. I'm wondering if there is a bigger issue here

hannahkat
05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
If the PIN isn't showing up on the BES then the BES can't see the unit, and therefore can't deliver the messages. I would guess that your enterprise activation was incomplete or interrupted, in which case it would need to be redone (ie wipe the handheld, remove user from BES, and start again).
If none of your PIN's are showing up for anyone, then you have a bigger problem - check the SRP is enabled.

Vandna
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Now it seems that no one can receive emails on their Blackberry. Is there a certain service that I restart or do I have to restart the entire server?