PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 7130e Prediction

marcfogel
05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Five or so years from now we will all be sitting around our house and a letter will arrive stating that a settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit against VW over the defective 7130e that they released.

This device a pain in the neck. I have at least one failed sent message a day. I now have to constantly check to see if the message I send are sent successfully.

Verizon is starting to piss me off.

Marc

jungleland
05-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Five or so years from now we will all be sitting around our house and a letter will arrive stating that a settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit against VW over the defective 7130e that they released.

This device a pain in the neck. I have at least one failed sent message a day. I now have to constantly check to see if the message I send are sent successfully.

Marc

There are so many more reasons why the 7130 is not up to par...Yet another device released that belongs in beta..

marcfogel
05-18-2006, 05:52 AM
There are so many more reasons why the 7130 is not up to par...Yet another device released that belongs in beta..

Not working is a pretty good reason :-)

The question is - who is to blame, RIM or VW?

If this was my first Blackberry I would not get another.

Actually, this is my 10+ Blackberry and I am for the first time seriously considering alternatives.

Getup1995
05-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Not working is a pretty good reason :-)

The question is - who is to blame, RIM or VW?

If this was my first Blackberry I would not get another.

Actually, this is my 10+ Blackberry and I am for the first time seriously considering alternatives.

How many time have you had the unit replaced? I have had mine since Feb. and have had no problems with it. Should I be worried?

marcfogel
05-18-2006, 06:15 AM
I am on my second. The third one is in the mail.

The first one's radio died.

FiftiesDean
05-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I've had no problems with mine in the 4 months I've had it. It works much better than my 7520.

aristobrat
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM
We have 25 here assigned to non-technical folks (read: we'd hear about it if they had failed messages) and nobody's reported any problems.

Crupp
05-18-2006, 07:33 AM
I have had zero problems with mine as well. The email problem could certainly be a network problem, maybe a BES (if applicable), or a BIS problem.

baconismidog
05-18-2006, 10:28 AM
We have 7 7130e and everyone raves about how well they work. I keep mine on my hip at all hours and have had no problems. I have seen, however, cases where a manufacturer will have multiple locations of manufacture for the same device. This type of anomaly can be assessed by parsing out the serial numbers and looking for a pattern.

Or maybe you should just stop dropping the units into your 24oz chuggers of Bud Light. Ha.

bb4lfe
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
have tons of 7130's here, one myself, and no issues what so ever. Honestly, the amount that give problems is so small its not a big deal. No device is 100 percent. Personally, I think its a great unit!

Raven
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Out of the 30 we have that i support only one or two have had probelms...
And there are only 2 w/ IT people and the rest with nontech people

nyc2socal
05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
First time blackberry user here, and I have no problems with my 7130e... Maybe it's suppose to do things I don't expect it to do? I did look it straight on the screen and told it to get me a beer, but it just sat there... ;-)

KonTiki
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Thats only cause you forgot to say please, try it and you will see.

First time blackberry user here, and I have no problems with my 7130e... Maybe it's suppose to do things I don't expect it to do? I did look it straight on the screen and told it to get me a beer, but it just sat there... ;-)

jungleland
05-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Thats only cause you forgot to say please, try it and you will see.

Nah, he just needs to smoke a lot of pot, TRUST ME! That blackberry will be doing the laundry, cooking dinner and taking the kids to school in no time

Corman
05-18-2006, 09:05 PM
We have deployed 50+ that are on 24/7 for emergency response with very little problems.

bender16v
05-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I had a lot of rebooting problems with it before and then the OS finally locked up for good. I got a "refurbished" one from vx and no more problems so far. The tools that it gives me are a lot better thanthe tero I had before.

marcfogel
05-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Come to think of it, I don't remember having any problems with my first one, before the radio died of course.

Hopefully my third one will work as expected.

Evil Sports
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Mine has ben fine. I know this is sad view but I see FAR less problems with 7130 than I do with peeps on the Treo700w.
Sometimes I think Verizon gets dumb down versions of the phones.

baconismidog
05-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Treos are toys. Here is an excerpt of an official statement of opinion I authored for my boss:

"In our environment, Palm devices have deleted group meetings, un-reserved conference rooms, and un-reserved projectors during HotSync operations.

Blackberries are productivity devices designed to do corporate email, calendars, and tasks. Palm devices are all in wonder units that play games, crash often, and have buggy software with more patches than I care to mention. Think of it this way:

Blackberry = UNIX OS = efficient, problem free, succinct
Palm = Longhorn OS = pretty, bloated, buggy

pnd4pnd
05-19-2006, 11:13 AM
I think the comments about the 7130e are absurd. This is the best converged device I have ever had because of its simplicity, pure functionality and stability. It does my numbers, email, and calendar with incredible ease. If you want multimedia, tons of flaky programs go to palm. If you want complexity go to WM5 - I have had them all. This simply works and works great - I never thought I would appreciate pushmail so much. Early on there was the issue of EVDO but later firmware fixed it.

Eric

FlyingElvis
05-19-2006, 11:52 AM
I think the comments about the 7130e are absurd. This is the best converged device I have ever had because of its simplicity, pure functionality and stability. It does my numbers, email, and calendar with incredible ease. If you want multimedia, tons of flaky programs go to palm. If you want complexity go to WM5 - I have had them all. This simply works and works great - I never thought I would appreciate pushmail so much. Early on there was the issue of EVDO but later firmware fixed it.

Eric
Just glancing at the thread, it appears to be just one user complaining about the device.

I think the 7130e is a great device. The only issue I have run into was the state the VZaccess manager left my device after tethering to my laptop. It disabled data mode.

I'd suggest anyone using the 7130e for tethering to a PC to read this:

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/794883-1.html

Evil Sports
05-19-2006, 12:27 PM
The store I buy my phones from told me when I asked about the 700w, Do you like things that Freeze all the time??. He said you need this 7130. I asked why, he said because its simple and IT WORKS. I was a bit soft on the 7130 due to the lack of flash card and camera, which would be a nice addition but after all the horror stories of WM5 I saw the light.

phonemonkey
05-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Early on there was the issue of EVDO but later firmware fixed it.

It still depends on how your EVDO coverage is. If you're in an area that's on the edge of 1X and EVDO coverage, the device still will go for (and stay on) 1X most of the time. A co-worker has decided he'll live with 1X at home, and enjoy EVDO everywhere else.

This could also be a Verizon network issue, but this has been happening for several months and VZ just says things will stay that way until the network around here is 100% EVDO.

gibbons
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
No problems here either but I have only had mine 2 months, I just wish we had EVDO where I am and that verizon would be alittle quicker with up grades but other than that no complaints.

packetknife
05-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm on my second, the first was dead within four hours of receipt. The second has worked like a champ through software upgrades, concrete impact, etc. It's certainly not as 'hefty' as the classic BBs which worries me but otherwise I'm happy. -Pk

katin2
05-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I have had the 7130e for a few months and it works great cant complain. I updated my os software when i first got it and it workd awesome

SDCromer
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I've had my 7130 since December and no problems at all.

gadgtman
05-21-2006, 07:28 PM

Marc
Dude - chill out, don't make blanket statements because you're having problems. I've had my 7130e since December and have had ZERO - yes ZERO - problems. Best phone I've had.

Nubian
06-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Until mine wouldn't quit resetting after I tried removing Pocket Day Professional (a trial copy), I had no problems whatsoever. VZ has to send a me a "new" one. Let's hope all is well with the next phone.....and no more Pocket Day for me (or other 3rd party software anymore)...

koleary19067
06-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I have the 7130 with no issues

coachmeeks
06-12-2006, 08:08 AM
My 7130e has performed great with Pocketday. I would not want the BB without it. It has not caused any reset problems for me and the developer answers questions right away, himself.
As with all things the 7130 will be old news soon enough and something new will come in to replace it. I dont miss the resetting that I and many other Treo users experianced. The 7130e is a solid performer, RIM needs to work on options for better PIM products, but over all its a great product.
Dont discouint the smaller size, I find it much more comfortable to wear and use as a phone than the other BBs. Now with the extended battery I can travel with confidence that I wont have power issues on the road.
When my contract with Verizon is up in Dec I am sure I will look at all the options out there, but as for the moment:
"Blackberry has ben berry berry good to me"

Nubian
06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
My 7130e has performed great with Pocketday. I would not want the BB without it. It has not caused any reset problems for me and the developer answers questions right away, himself.
As with all things the 7130 will be old news soon enough and something new will come in to replace it. I dont miss the resetting that I and many other Treo users experianced. The 7130e is a solid performer, RIM needs to work on options for better PIM products, but over all its a great product.
Dont discouint the smaller size, I find it much more comfortable to wear and use as a phone than the other BBs. Now with the extended battery I can travel with confidence that I wont have power issues on the road.
When my contract with Verizon is up in Dec I am sure I will look at all the options out there, but as for the moment:
"Blackberry has ben berry berry good to me"
The issues I experienced occurred when I tried to remove Pocket Day. My unit was also running slow with Pocket Day (for some reason). In removing it, the continuous resetting occurred...

BayshoreTommy
09-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I support about 75 7130e's, every now and then they may have a issue here or there, but for the most part this is the best phone I have ever personally used and ive had them all.

JaxDomino
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I wasn't impressed with the phone. Compared to the 7130 from Cinguar.

bofa_it
09-21-2006, 10:52 AM
I just got a replacement 7130e from Sprint. Radio died after only 2 months. I definitely think it is a Q/A issue.

aristobrat
09-21-2006, 12:05 PM
We have 25 here assigned to non-technical folks (read: we'd hear about it if they had failed messages) and nobody's reported any problems.
We're now up to 44 7130es with zero failures to date.

If it's a Q/A issue, it's bypassing my company. (whew) :)

paradisephoto
09-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I've had my 7130e (I bought it used off of Ebay) for 6 months. I have zero issues with email, zero issues with call quality, zero issues of any other sort. No, scratch that. I am having an issue convincing myself it is time to upgrade now that the 8703 is out, but with the lack of issues I am having, I am having a hard time making a change. The devise is working so well it makes no sense to fool with it.

Postalrecon
09-23-2006, 04:58 PM
the 7130e is not a true 7130, id doesnt have the leftside convienence key, it should been called the 7103e