PDA

View Full Version : 7100T "searching for Network""No service"

dusti
05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
I got a 7100T from ebay, it shows no service when I first turn it on, i wipe it with javaloader and loaded the latest software. still says searching for network and no service.
changed the network from auto to manual and it's not able to find anything.
called T-mo BB support, they said there was an outage in my area and my cell is not connecting to the right cell tower and got me off the line.

I was able to receive 1 registration email from t-mo network and the signal went out while I was charging on wall jack.

in SIM, "meppd" it show:
SIM Disabled
Network Active
Network Subset Disabled
Service provider Disabled
Corporate Disabled

that setting should be correct for using t-mo service.

Can anyone figure out what's going on? or i just bought a brick to stack.
Could it be a bad antenna card?
can I take parts from a dead 7100T(device error 365, javaloader can't connect to it)?

Thanks

msbrenda64
05-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I got a 7100T from ebay, it shows no service when I first turn it on, i wipe it with javaloader and loaded the latest software. still says searching for network and no service.
changed the network from auto to manual and it's not able to find anything.
called T-mo BB support, they said there was an outage in my area and my cell is not connecting to the right cell tower and got me off the line.

I was able to receive 1 registration email from t-mo network and the signal went out while I was charging on wall jack.

in SIM, "meppd" it show:
SIM Disabled
Network Active
Network Subset Disabled
Service provider Disabled
Corporate Disabled

that setting should be correct for using t-mo service.

Can anyone figure out what's going on? or i just bought a brick to stack.
Could it be a bad antenna card?
can I take parts from a dead 7100T(device error 365, javaloader can't connect to it)?

Thanks

I am a TMO customer had a 7290 dropping signal and saying no service available. I bought a 7100T because tmo said it was my device. Turned out when I got the 7100T it was doing the same thing. I sold the 7100T but to get and keep a pretty constant signal with my 7290 I opened my 7290 and above the internal atenna I put aluminum foil and I put some aluminum foil over the battery (YES I SAID ALUMINUM FOIL). Now I can keep a pretty constant signal lose signal maybe once or twice a day. TMO told me they were doing upgrades in my area and the problem would stop when they were finished they had no dates to give me but I've been having this problem almost 2 months. Hope this helps some or helps make some since. I am located in Portage Indiana.

dusti
05-20-2006, 09:16 AM
this phone I have doesn't see any signal 99.99% of the time, even right under t-mo cell tower