PDA

View Full Version : Motorola HS820 + Tide = Motorola HS850

sandman2nd
05-18-2006, 10:02 AM
So, I posted that poll a while ago about what bluetooth headset yadda yadda yadda.

Well, my HS820 was really nice until it met my washer and dryer...lol...

I didn't even realize it was in my cargo shorts until i took out my clothes from the dryer and i noticed something shiny in the corner. it was my damn headset. i didnt even try turning it on. i let it sit out on the counter for like three days and then tried plugging it in. the blue light came on but when i tried to power it on, no go.

so i did what any tech would, take it apart...lol. well, it REALLY doesn't work now. So i went to MobileBurn.com as well as sifted through the bbforums and decided to try the HS850 this time around. I found it from a Pricegrabber storefront for less than $40 shipped!

Does anyone have this headset? Do you like it? Is the charger the same as the HS820?

For those of you who replied to my last Bluetooth poll, I want to say thanks again for all your feedback, I really do appreciate the time you take to help out a fellow bb addict! You guys rock!

nyc2socal
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM
My HS820 did the same thing.. Was in the small pocket of my jeans, and went through the wash and dry.. But surprisingly, it still works..

I do have one of those high efficiency front load washing machines, so it may not have been exposed to too much water (HE Washing Machines use a lot less water).

sandman2nd
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I have a GE washer, its just a standard washer in my apt, but whats crazy is it went through the washer, through the dryer and the light would still come on when i plugged it in! It just wouldnt turn on.

oh well... i know i wont make that same mistake twice!

Danimal
05-18-2006, 03:03 PM
I tested the HS850 and thought it was ok. The volume wasn't loude, it was somewhat uncomfortable and it was too floppy on my ear. I ended up gooing with the H605 and don't regret it one bit.

lord_jefe
05-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I have the HS850. Volume stinks, and now it's dying after about 30 seconds. I just ordered the jabra BT500, and I figure it's got to be better. String & a tin can would be better

koleary19067
05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Where is the Mini Blue. I though it would be out by now.