PDA

View Full Version : 7100t wireless OS upgrade 4.1

pogiman2
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I have recently upgraded my desktop manager and 7100t handheld OS (4.1). the desktop manager installed OK and started fine. The PC portion of the handheld OS installation also went fine. However while the handheld was being updated, my computer frooze and I'm guessing only 80% of the update was successful.

After the update, my blackberry seemed to be working OK, but takes a very long time to reboot. Phone, and other applications worked fine. However there are a few things missing and are no longer running in my 7100t. The BROWSER icon, or the browser application is not present, and I can't locate it anywhere in my blackberry. My guess is that the browser portion of the update did not complete as I needed to reboot the froozen computer.

When I tried to reinstall, it seemed like it was installing, but when the blackberry reboots after the installation, it still doesn't have it. The application loader on the desktop manager says it's installed on the blackberry, but it's really not.

HELP -- It there a way to rollback my 7100t to a prior state (system restore) so I can reinstall the upgrade from scratched? -- Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

d_fisher
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with your upgrade. Resend the service books from your BIS account. Your Browser icon will return afterwards.

pogiman2
05-18-2006, 06:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with your upgrade. Resend the service books from your BIS account. Your Browser icon will return afterwards.

Thanks Doug:
I'm new at this, can you explain this process further?

Steve

pogiman2
05-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I got it working, Thanks Doug