PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions on tmobile 8700

bigmekastyle
05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
two quick questions for ya'll. Can you hide certain things on the main page. I want some icons to go away?

also.. currently i have an IMAP and an @<hidden> address. I added them both and set forwarding on the IMAP address to go to the blackberry adress so i can get PUSH email. However, i want all messages that are sent to be coming from the IMAP adress. Is there a way to accomplish this short from having both accounts on the berry and having to select the from field everytime i send an email. Also when i reply i think this messes stuff up and doesnt allow em to chose the from adress. Please help.

Thanks a lot

Pizzle
05-19-2006, 01:31 AM
First, there's a pretty red search button above. A search for "hiding icons" and "changing reply-to" would've yielded virtually infinite answers, as both your questions have been answered more than once.

Second, hold Alt and click the trackwheel on an icon you want to hide.

I'll default to the others as to your email question. There are a lot of specific answers to your various questions that someone more knowledgable than me can answer. Or you could search...

Miata GT
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Some icons don't have a 'HIDE' option to them...

drgoodtymes
06-27-2006, 12:28 PM
also.. currently i have an IMAP and an @<hidden> address. I added them both and set forwarding on the IMAP address to go to the blackberry adress so i can get PUSH email. However, i want all messages that are sent to be coming from the IMAP adress. Is there a way to accomplish this short from having both accounts on the berry and having to select the from field everytime i send an email. Also when i reply i think this messes stuff up and doesnt allow em to chose the from adress. Please help.

Thanks a lot

If you are forwarding your IMAP account to the .tmo.blackberry.net address, then you have to change the reply to email address on the blackberry address to be your imap address, this can be done 1 of 2 ways, either off the device under the "Set Up Internet E-Mail" icon or via My T-Mobile under the Blackberry Email Address section.
Also you are correct, by forwarding the way you are, you loose the BIS 2.0 ability to change your outgoing email address on the fly