PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 8700g from 7290-questions

orgullodemexico
05-18-2006, 11:35 PM
I just bought a brand new 8700g on T-Mobile from a private party. I inserted my SIM card, performed a full restore and good to go!!

I did have to reload my ASCENDO program and all IM programs (RIM, Yahoo, Google Talk). I don't understand why those weren't part of the back up/restore process.

I've seen a lot of posts on themes and I tried archive search. The Orange, vodaphone, rogers theme etc etc don't really do anything for me.

Has anyone made themes for say, Major League Baseball, National League Football?

The backlight timeout of 2 mins doesn't allow me to enjoy the screensaver capabilities of my ASCENDO program. I suppose that is designed to save battery life?

I was very surprised to see a seperate icon for each mail account associated with my BB. I don't know if I will like that or not.

Overall the keys seem to be smaller than the 7290 but the nice bright screen makes up for it.

I will continue to evaluate this purchase over the next few weeks and hope to learn more about this device from all the people here.

Pizzle
05-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Congrats on the upgrade!

For themes, try the custom themes threads in the forum. There are a bunch there. Some generic, some team specific.

The separate icon is a BIS 2.0 thing. I have the Zen theme on mine and LOVE the separation between Mail and SMS...I'd love separate inboxes for the accounts I poll, as well. It's all personal preference, really.

Oh, and no third party apps are backed up. I assume that's on purpose. The Desktop Manager only knows to look for the standard stuff.