PDA

View Full Version : Charged for every message?

dmann
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I get charged for every email I get for some reason. The plan I am on inclues internet and pay per text msg. I don't text msg 159 times a month. This from Cingular. I think my settings are some how processing every email sent to my phone as a text msg- Is their a way to stop this other then just deleting the email account. I have alittle spam problem LOL thus I get alot of junk email. I have called them about this last month and they were just dumbfounded as ever.

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
open the message and scroll to the top. What does it say it was "received using"? it should say "webclient"if your on BIS or "desktop"if your on a BES

if it doesn't say either then your email is proably being sent to you via text messaging (dunno how since i've never texet in my life so i don't know it at all :))

are you having email from a certain address forwarded to your handheld? if so make sure it's forwarding to your BlackBerry address - not sure about Cingular but i know some carriers have email addresses for text messaging - the forwarding rule may have been set up to this address instead

hope this helps

balibe
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
My BB actually states the email address is was sent to in the "Received Using" field versus webclient, but I also have several email accounts setup. I also get a different icon for messages sent via text messaging.

You do get a specific BB email address [ie: xxxxxx@<hidden> or similiar]. Make sure all your email being forwarded is going there.

BERDucky
05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
balibe - you must have BIS 2.0
Cingular has not updated to this version yet

(edited for bad spelling)

dmann
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM
The msg said webclient and to the best of my knowledge which isnt much concerning this phone-- is that the msg comes from regular email- grandecom.net to my BB. I will check the desktop software and see if something is fowarding there. I added the email dress from the blackberry email site ( webclient?)

BERDucky
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
webclient = BIS; not text
i'd call and get them to explain why your getting charged; if your on the BIS data plan is it unlimited? orare oyu going over?

trini2dboneny
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I get charged for every email I get for some reason. The plan I am on inclues internet and pay per text msg. I don't text msg 159 times a month. This from Cingular. I think my settings are some how processing every email sent to my phone as a text msg- Is their a way to stop this other then just deleting the email account. I have alittle spam problem LOL thus I get alot of junk email. I have called them about this last month and they were just dumbfounded as ever.
as long as the emails are coming in the bis and not to your#@<hidden> or anything close to it then its is a network issue and u need to call cingular.