PDA

View Full Version : NC GSM Users?

stripesace
05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey, I got a disturbing phone call from Jennifer last night who on Lake Norman in North Carolina. She said all she had was GSM right off I77 on the lake, but once she got out on the lake she had EDGE? I was just curious what the GPRS, EDGE looks like up there since I'm headed up there tommorow.

GPRS on the 8700c... has anyone actually seen there device go into GPRS?

Postalrecon
05-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey, I got a disturbing phone call from Jennifer last night who on Lake Norman in North Carolina. She said all she had was GSM right off I77 on the lake, but once she got out on the lake she had EDGE? I was just curious what the GPRS, EDGE looks like up there since I'm headed up there tommorow.

GPRS on the 8700c... has anyone actually seen there device go into GPRS?

once or twice since ive been in norcal, but theres been good coerage none the less, as for nc, i have tmobile, and it would seem that cingular owns north and south carolina. but coverage has been pretty good there

stripesace
05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yeah. I find it strange that she can't get it till she goes out on the lake when where we are staying is right off of I77

blenahan
05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I just experienced this 30 minutes ago. I work here in Mooresville, and I was driving up to Statesville and only had GSM until I got up around Troutman (exit 42)

stripesace
05-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Whats funny is she just emailed me:

"I get a couple yards away from the dock in the boat and email works again! Hahah"

Yet closer to I77 and off of the lake, she gets GSM only..... What am I gunna do starting tommorow?

rcbjr
05-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Don't go, you'll have withdrawal symptoms, always checking your BB, at least YOUR gf will understand, most wouldn't. Come to think of it, that's going to be a wierd sight, a couple walking around, muttering, "GSM only" and both shaking uncontrollibly.

;-)

Have fun
Rcbjr