PDA

View Full Version : BIS Email Reconciliation after upgrade

whoscalling
05-19-2006, 11:39 AM
I am a cingular 8700c user (BIS) who has upgraded to bharti, then to Telestra, and back to bharti. Everything is working great. Except my reconciliation of email. I just logged into my BIS account and have 200+ emails that have been delivered to my BB, read, and deleted showing up in my BIS inbox as "unread".

When I go to Messages-Options-Email Reconciliation there aren't any options. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you get your email to reconcile with your BIS account?

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 11:54 AM
try resending your servics books from your BIS site - under profile

emails won't be marked as read but the should delete when you delete from your handheld as long as it's setup on your handheld; AND in your BIS site (i.e, perment delete is enabled)

however if your doing "delete prior" it won't delete from your BIS site as a saftey feature (if you did this by accident and it did reconcile you'd be out of luck in getting any of your email back)

if you want to delete in batchs hold down the caps key and scroll :)

whoscalling
05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I have resent service book. Since the resend of service books I have recieved emails on the BB, read them, and deleted them. I then check my BIS and they are still there. Also after resending service book I still do not have any options under Messages-Options-Email reconciliation. Shouldn't I???

UPDATE: I resent the service book again just as a last resort. Strange enough, now I have options under reconcile email. Very strange, but thanks.

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 12:21 PM
my next suggestion would have been deleting the service book then resending :) just to make sure it's not a corupt one causeing the issue

of course you don't want to delete it unless you can sure you can get it back - if you do that and the new one doesn't deliver (for whatever reason) you won't be able to send :S

glad its working for ya!

rdrakea
05-19-2006, 12:41 PM
I have this same problem with my 8700c and 4.1.0.309. In Email Reconciliation, everything is fine for my BES, but when I choose web client there are no options. My BIS mailbox gets filled up and I have to go in and manually delete them. I have it set to auto delete after 1 day, but still fills up sometimes.

I have deleted, resent, etc. service books. Hope this bug gets reported.

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Found this KB article - hopefully this will help you rdrakea

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/270925/Support_-_Wireless_Reconciliation_not_working.html?nodeid=1055014&vernum=2

jonnynyc
05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
not only is my email reconciliation gone now that i got a replacement 8700c but the option to turn on the permanant deletion is no longer on my bis
it's odd
resending service books is most certainly not helping

BERDucky
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
jonnynyc - call your carrier (Cingular i'm assuming); they need to enable this

jonnynyc
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
thank you
i called cingular and they fixed it
and told me the new bis 2.0 is coming on june 5th

ToY9CiTO
05-26-2006, 12:54 AM
thank you
i called cingular and they fixed it
and told me the new bis 2.0 is coming on june 5th

I wish i could change and go back to BIS 1.8 the 2.0 really sucks about the only thing thats cool is that u can add accounts on the fly and choose which email u want to send from on the fly without added software but u can do this with bbreply and u looose the ability to file messages u lose the entire web based interface to view emails...its a big disappointment...