PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7230 E-Mail issue

philthornton
05-19-2006, 01:16 PM
I purchased a new Blackberry 7230 from E-Bay that had been unlocked from the Vodafone Network. I am on T-Mobile and my Tariff is the Web 'n' Walk package for use with PDA's.

I have full use of the phone and everything seems fine, apart from I can't seem to get access to e-mails. I have tried logging in to the T-Mobile Web Client but that won't let me register, probably because it is a vodafone handset.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have a Breakdown?

Cheers

Phil

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
sorry, not familar with the web n walk package- is this a BlackBerry data plan? if not you won't be able to get email

if it is a BlackBerry data plan what error message do you get when you try to register? it's possible the former owner still has their BIS account associated w/ the handheld

philthornton
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply

I don't believe it is a blackberry plan as they do seperate offers for BB's. Is there no way at all (even a backdoor, round the houses way) of picking up e-mails?

Cheers

Phil

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
fraid not - no BlackBerry data plan no email via BES or BIS

the plan you have may offer a different method of getting email - but it will probably be text based

also - i doubt you'd be able to get your email from your current email accounts to your handheld

philthornton
05-19-2006, 01:30 PM
From T-Mobile.co.uk

With web 'n' walk you get unlimited internet browsing* on the move. It makes browsing the web on your mobile simple and provides easy access to your personal email.

They don't seem to have a seperate tariff for Blackberrys, it is the same taiff used with my PDA. Can you think of anything I can do?

BERDucky
05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
hrm- kinda sounds like they mean you check your email using a browser...

i'd call T-Mobile and confirm that the package you've got will let you use the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) - and if not what package would (and cost etc) AND how to check your email w/ your current package (since they state it's available)

If it does let you use BIS they should be able to help you set it up via the web site

if the person you talk to doesn't sound sure see if they will transfer you to a BlackBerry tech support person (pretty sure all carrier's have specific ppl trained for PDA's - which BlackBerrys fall under)

NJBlackBerry
05-19-2006, 02:43 PM
"Unlimited Browsing" plans do not apply to BlackBerrys. You MUST authenticate against the RIM infrastructure and that requires a BlackBerry Data Plan. No way around it.