PDA

View Full Version : Address Folders/ Groups - Please help!

spatel
05-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Hello,

This may be a common issue, but I have several Folders in My Address contacts in Outlook/Exchange. When these addresses are download these contacts onto my blackberry, it expands evrything (1000s of addresses), without organizing them into the folders. I actually only want one folder (Contacts) to appear on my blackberry address book. Is there a way to do this?

I would think that Address Groups on the black berry could somehow map to the folders in outlook, but I hear there is no way to do this.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Sanjay

justin.culp
05-19-2006, 03:21 PM
you can create categories....personal...business...whatever

spatel
05-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you , I appreciate the help,
however, I don't see how that helps my situation.. Is there a way to just show categories on the blackberry?

d_fisher
05-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Thank you , I appreciate the help,
however, I don't see how that helps my situation.. Is there a way to just show categories on the blackberry?From the address book, press the scroll wheel and select filter.

spatel
05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Thank you !! that works great... Tmobile support couldn't help me with this.

rcbjr
05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
If you want to limiit which addresses are placed on your BB you can set up a catergory <categoryname> in outlook and assign that to any contact you want to sync. That done, in your DM PIM sync setup create a filter for Category Contains <categoryname>.

Of course you will have to clear your BB address book first, without deleting the contacts in outlook. There are procedures already on this site for doing that. Now when you sync, only those that have the category set will be synced, so when you add a contact to your BB, be sure to add the category.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr