PDA

View Full Version : New email/text count not correct

chungs
05-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

All was working well until today when I erased some spam and the unopen email count or the new massage count is off. Nothing I did corrected the problem. Please help!!!

rawk
05-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Does it look like this? blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35261 (I can't post urls...grr)

Not sure what OS & carrier you have, but from what I've figured out, if you erase from the 'messages' listing it will reduce the count by one (even going into negatives - as I have -9 and -15 e-mails right now) in the main screen listing for the respective account. If you click the inbox icon for the account it will adjust the count properly. - Tired, i think i wored that right.

chungs
05-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have T-Mobile and 8700g. I don't quite understand how to do it. I have tried to maked all unopen and open, but it still doesn't work. I have 16 more emails than I suppose to.

I tried to open all individual message inboxes, but the main count is not correct at all.

hf1khal
05-20-2006, 12:52 AM

I have T-Mobile and 8700g. I don't quite understand how to do it. I have tried to maked all unopen and open, but it still doesn't work. I have 16 more emails than I suppose to.

I tried to open all individual message inboxes, but the main count is not correct at all.

Could it be the missed call log? If yes, then activate your missed call log to show in the messages folder and then delete them and then shut it off. It just happened to me the other day and that is how I got it cleared. This is the only time that it has happened to me.

rawk
05-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Could it be the missed call log? If yes, then activate your missed call log to show in the messages folder and then delete them and then shut it off. It just happened to me the other day and that is how I got it cleared. This is the only time that it has happened to me.

This does sound like the issue he is having is missed calls.

Go into the phone app, choose options, call logging and choose none. After you save that setting if the new message indicator goes away it's just missed calls.

That will at least tell you if that's the issue - I do not beleive 'mark prior opened' in the message listing will clear missed called - hopefully someone else can chime in on an easy way to clear them besides scrolling through and finding each one.

chungs
05-20-2006, 09:21 AM

I tired but still not working. I changed the option in call logging to none. It is annoying!

I also tried rebooting taking the battery out, but no luck.

chungs
05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I found the problem and want to thank you all for helping out. if you have saved any message and marked them unopen, it will show up in the message count, even if it is not in the main folder.

I just went into the saved folder and deleted or opened the messages. That solved the problems.

csurfr
06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
I found the problem and want to thank you all for helping out. if you have saved any message and marked them unopen, it will show up in the message count, even if it is not in the main folder.

I just went into the saved folder and deleted or opened the messages. That solved the problems.

Thanks so much for finding this! I had the exact same problem this morning, and sure enough, it was a saved message that somehow became unread.

cs