PDA

View Full Version : Email issues

bighunk
05-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Having strange issue with 8700G. It stopped receiving any emails. Sent service books from T-Mobile, but of no avail. Then I thought of connecting to Desktop with Desktop manager running, and it got a whole shot of emails immediately. I tried sending some more to myself, and got all immediately, but again emails stopped after disconnecting from my laptop. Couple of hours after again tried connecting to laptop, and again it got all the pending emails.

So essentially it is getting emails right now when it is connected to the laptop. On t-mobile standard oS with Zen.

Anything I can do, already sent service books several times. On BES, and use BIS too for GMAIL access. But right now nothing works BES or BIS.

trustworthy
05-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Have you tried removing the battery and reinserting it. Sometimes this solves problems. It has worked for me several times. If that doesn't work I would suggest you call T-Mobile as the problem may be at their end or at RIM's end.

BBAdmin
05-20-2006, 06:30 AM
It's no surprise that the device will receive when plugged in as the BlackBerry router will sned pending mails from the BES to the device via your internal network.. Quite cool really, send yourself and email when your connected to the Desktop with wireless off and you'll still receive the email bacuse it's not going out via the carrier!!!

I would say service books but you have tried that, so you could try registering through the HRT (Options > Advanced Settings > Host Routing Table > click the wheel and select Register Now).

What happens when you send emails, do they work. If they fail (red X instead of a tick) then open the failed message and check the subject line for an error message - report this back to us!

bighunk
05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I already tried removing the battery, reinserting sgsin; also registering the handheld again.

I can send messages fine, and they are received in others inboxes, or blackberry, but if I send a mail tomyself, I receive that in my outlook, but not on the blackberry.

So the problem is only in receiving mails on blackberry.

BBAdmin
05-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Hang on...if you're using BES and BIS, which emails are you not receiving, your webmail or corporate mail? If it's you webmail (for BIM) resend the service books from T-Mobile as you have already done, if it's the corporate mail your not receiving then you'll need service books to be sent from your BlackBerry Server. The t-mobile service books will not help you if you can't receive your corporate email (different service books for different versions of BlackBerry).

bighunk
05-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I tried sending a PIN message to myself, and even that I did not receive. So it shouyld be at the RIM's end ?

With T-Mobile support now, and the totally ignorant rep insisted that I should have capital GPRS on that, i said it has EDGE, he got totally confused about what is EDGE(n)

BERDucky
05-20-2006, 10:15 AM
PIN to PIN not working is the cause of your issue
if P2P doesn't work neither will email

call T-Mobile again and ask to speak w/ their BlackBerry department (i think it's PDA)

have you tried sending a PIN to a different handheld? just to see if it's just that you can send but not receive - basically the more info you go in with the lest repetative testing you'll have to do

generally P2P is a carrier issue - however i kind of remember talking with someone where they had an issue with sending PINs but not receiving and it got resolved by RIM

hope this helps