PDA

View Full Version : cingular sucks

chirayu
05-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I wanted to get wap.cingular provisioned on my account and they want to charge me $19.99 / month for unlimited medianet. And csr had the nerve to tell me that it was disabled on purpose and to use it you have to pay. I just got It added anyway and I am going to pay since I am travelling to india and have no choice. But I am going to make sure I abuse my unlimited international data. Just wanted to share how lame cingular is.

gwar11d2
05-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I wanted to get wap.cingular provisioned on my account and they want to charge me $19.99 / month for unlimited medianet. And csr had the nerve to tell me that it was disabled on purpose and to use it you have to pay. I just got It added anyway and I am going to pay since I am travelling to india and have no choice. But I am going to make sure I abuse my unlimited international data. Just wanted to share how lame cingular is.

Sounds like you didn't call the blackberry customer service and they think you have a normal phone... I would call back.

tkdlove
05-20-2006, 07:44 PM
definetly need to talk to data connect on this one. if you have BB unl already then you dont need the media net unl plan.

lgreenberg
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
This is an ungoing problem with Cingular.

Some reps well tell you WAP access is included in the unlimited Blackberry plan while others still say it's not.

It just plain stinks.

tkdlove
05-20-2006, 07:51 PM
it is included on the BlackBerry Unlimited plan... i can get the SOK code for you guys... hang on.

tkdlove
05-20-2006, 07:59 PM
if you have a Nokia 9300 you need this feature: krb4
if you have an 8700c you need: tbw4 or scw4

these are the unlimited codes. both are the standard 44.99 however with voice plan you can get $5 off so it is 39.99
good luck

hf1khal
05-20-2006, 10:10 PM

these are the unlimited codes. both are the standard 44.99 however with voice plan you can get $5 off so it is 39.99
good luck

So you are saying that the ones that have the $49.99 unlimited BB plan which gets discounted to $44.99 can change their unlimited BB plan to those and even pay less? Can you list the exact data SOK codes that are need to be on the account so every one can make sure that they have all the goods. TIA.

tkdlove
05-20-2006, 10:47 PM
that is what i listed... since the release of the 8700c our stores have been swamped with confused BB clients. this confusion really needs to be answered by Data Connect 1.866.490.2666 this is the direct line into Data Connect. talk to these guys as they are the pros...

tkdlove
05-20-2006, 11:29 PM

i think that in all fairness you can't blame a simple Rep for the wrong answers. there are millions of things for these guys to learn and a harsh sales enviroment to work in... i think that saying a Provider sucks because you got the wrong answer on a question is like labeling an entire race of people based on one person.
give them another chance and let's all hope for a better performance of the staff. (y) :smile: (y)

AlbertoM
05-20-2006, 11:40 PM
i think that in all fairness you can't blame a simple Rep for the wrong answers. there are millions of things for these guys to learn and a harsh sales enviroment to work in... i think that saying a Provider sucks because you got the wrong answer on a question is like labeling an entire race of people based on one person.
give them another chance and let's all hope for a better performance of the staff. (y) :smile: (y)
<sigh> But that is the nature of the beast. One bad experience (like the one above or they don't get what they wanted free) and bang: (Insert provider here) sucks. Telephone doesn't work the way they want, noisy or breaks, then (Insert maker here) sucks.

Then we hear the inner child:
But I am going to make sure I abuse my unlimited international data. Just wanted to share how lame cingular is. (I can hear them quaking at Cingular corporate headquarters)<sigh again>

Come on, people!

Liv
05-21-2006, 12:15 AM

good luck

Please forgive me, but I have no clue what I need to do with the 8700c code. Am I supposed to go into some setting and input it to access the WAP? Thank you so much for your help!

DuckWingDuck
05-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I think that's the code you give the sales monkey so that they can enable WAP for you without incurring extra charge.

hf1khal
05-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I think that's the code you give the sales monkey so that they can enable WAP for you without incurring extra charge.

But I am still waiting for an explanation on the costs. Right now I pay $44.99 for BB Unlimited with voice and with out it will be $49.99. What concerns me is that the price is diferent and it might add another plan on top of the BB unlimited plan and end up paying $39.99 more per month.

stinkyfeet
05-21-2006, 11:34 AM

good luck

im not sure what your talking about...the way it works is the stand alone BB plan is $49.99 when u take a voice plan u get $5 off so it comes down to $44.99.... with the pda stand alone is $44.99 and with a voice plan again it comes down to $39.99. the only $39.99 for BB is 4mb

lgreenberg
05-21-2006, 11:49 AM
im not sure what your talking about...the way it works is the stand alone BB plan is $49.99 when u take a voice plan u get $5 off so it comes down to $44.99.... with the pda stand alone is $44.99 and with a voice plan again it comes down to $39.99. the only $39.99 for BB is 4mb

I beleive he/she's talking about the post above................

good luck

I think it's another example of how people get confused when they read the wrong information. Cingular employees, dealers and their customers. No one gives the same answer twice.

chirayu
05-21-2006, 02:13 PM

Okay I will give them another try once I get back.

On the bright side I am surprised to see how EDGE network is built here in india I change providers every few miles but works great :)

hf1khal
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
OK, I got some info on the 2 that were given above both are BB unlimited plans and if they are on the account show as BB Unlimited at $44.99 (I think this is voice discounted as that is what the price shows under my account which is what it shows under my current BB Unl.)

So we now know that what was said above is true and Cingular has are 3 codes for the BB unlimited plans and these are tbw4, scw4 and RBW4. Now I realy would like to find the system diference between the 3.

yukstah
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
IIRC - GPRS service in India is terrible.

takeshi
05-22-2006, 07:40 AM
One bad experience...
It has been (according to many people) waaay more than just "One bad experience". More like "many bad and inconsistent experiences". Never had such problems with T-Mobile nor was there ever as much need to even call TMO in the first place. There are definitely integration and training issues with Cingular. It's not just a matter of a single rep who doesn't know what's going on.

stinkyfeet
05-22-2006, 09:26 AM
So we now know that what was said above is true and Cingular has are 3 codes for the BB unlimited plans and these are tbw4, scw4 and RBW4. Now I realy would like to find the system diference between the 3.

the RBW4 was the old code that they used for existing customer with BB before a certain date. they came out with the new scw4 and i think the tbw4 (not sure about that one) because that feature code will allow for user to get the new features that come out with out having to change anything on the account. the old ones i believe they will be goin in and modifing them little by little. they work the same except for future features that cingular will provide.

hf1khal
05-22-2006, 09:34 AM
I got further confirmation today. It seems that at least one of the codes in here is for specific markets and the tbw4 is a national one which leaves me to wonder if the scw4 is for a certain market.

stinkyfeet
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
pretty much some markets offer you certain features and others don't....so they got the different codes that give you extra things

OrByte
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM

I think it's another example of how people get confused when they read the wrong information. Cingular employees, dealers and their customers. No one gives the same answer twice.

Igreenberg, I read some threads where you went through the hassle with cingular in the past in trying to setup your data accounts. Can you briefly go over how your account(s) are currently setup with cingular, exchange?

I appreciate you going through the hassle and headaches for us new users, I would like to be able to learn from your experience. thank you!!

stinkyfeet
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM

you were told that if you wanted the use of the media net you would have to sign up for the unlim media net package???or are you just upset b/c u wanted to get the unlim media net package for free?????

jdjleo
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Ok i am not sure how this escalated out of control. I am employed by Cingular Wireless. a COR store not CARE. Why that guy was talking about SOK codes (and its SOC btw) is beyond me. This has nothing to do with the customer and that information is meaningless to anyone that isnt an employee.

If you have your BlackBerryConnectUnl your fine. you dont need a MediaNet package. you have unl Data period. The CARE reps dont get alot of BB coaching and get confused easily. Please forgive them, i know everyone that posts here is a model employee that knows every single aspect of their jobs, but not all of us are so gifted. /sarcasm off

stinkyfeet
05-24-2006, 01:29 PM

the back i don't understand is that the BB plan by itself is $49.99 and if you take a voice plan it drops to $44.99. again this is the unlim data plan. the $39.99 4mb plan if you take a voice plan drops to i believe to $34.99 i think about this one. is that what you meant??????

lgreenberg
05-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Igreenberg, I read some threads where you went through the hassle with cingular in the past in trying to setup your data accounts. Can you briefly go over how your account(s) are currently setup with cingular, exchange?

I appreciate you going through the hassle and headaches for us new users, I would like to be able to learn from your experience. thank you!!

I simply decided to sign up for Exchange hosting with www.exchangemymail.com

Ever since I haven't had to worry about data charges since I can use the MDS proxy.

paulmac
05-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Sounds like you didn't call the blackberry customer service and they think you have a normal phone... I would call back.
FYI if you need to talk to Cingular regarding Blackberry don't waste your time calling the normall 800 Cingular number. They don't provide good help or tech support for the blackberry, use 800-304-3044 that will get you directly into Cingular BB support. And my experience with them has been very good.

ragin cajun
05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So its not a problem for me to access any WAP site with the unlimited plan and not get charged for it? Actually the only WAP site I use is BBForums.

lgreenberg
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So its not a problem for me to access any WAP site with the unlimited plan and not get charged for it? Actually the only WAP site I use is BBForums.

That depends on how your account was set up. That's the whole problem.

ragin cajun
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM

"I see, said the blind man". Thanks

mriff
05-25-2006, 11:36 AM

"I see, said the blind man". Thanks
Lol.

Ragin, I log on to the bbf wap site all the time and never see any extra charges on my cingular bill.