PDA

View Full Version : Sending/Forwarding "Saved Messages" with attachments

Parker Rose
05-21-2006, 01:55 AM
I recently went on a business trip with just the Blackberry (no laptop) for email. My plan was to save those messages on the BB I needed and delete the rest.

When I returned, I went to the "Saved Messages" and they were of course there. However, when I tried to forward them to myself, so that I could open the attachments and work with them on my desktop at home, at first it failed to send the messages. Then, I realized I could try to re-send them, but the attachments were not there, just the message itself. (E.g., John Smith sent a message that said "Here is my report, attached." I got the message, but there was nothing attached.

Note that I could open and read the attachement (a Word document) on the BB. All very strange.

Any thoughts or suggestions about what is going on?

Parker Rose

BERDucky
05-21-2006, 09:54 AM
can you still read the attachment? if you can't there's the problem - the BlackBerry will only store the attachment in it's cache for a small amount of time. After that it needs to download it again from your server - and if the original email has been moved or deleted your most likely out of luck

Parker Rose
05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes, I figured it was something like. I can work around it now that I know.