g1no
05-21-2006, 05:51 AM
whats your spec for the perfect BB

i'd go for:

loads more software, especially multimedia
full bluetooth operation
time adjustable profiles
removable memory, faster net browsing.
Blackberry messenger with video.(no camera at the back though)

greggebhardt
05-21-2006, 07:04 AM
I would ask for durability, maybe even up to military standards and that includes keeping dust out. Get rid of the painted case and go back to a hard screen like the 75xx series. Give me a 8700 in a 75XX case and I would be very happy!

taylor
05-21-2006, 07:18 AM
durability I second that, oh give me some WiFi too!

roofus
05-21-2006, 09:04 AM
For NJBlackberry. . . . I'll start the decay!
a bottle opener, corkscrew, and cigarette lighter (I don't smoke, but just in case) . . . oh and don't forget the Swiss Army sreen saver!

and a compass! no GPS for me!

BilltheCat
05-21-2006, 09:34 AM
durability. milspec, stronger BT, oh, and tech support that knows more than I do.

jacedanie
05-21-2006, 10:00 AM
I second that, oh give me some WiFi too!

This is the biggest drawback. While I'm in the whiteout zone, I would love to be able to connect via WiFi to my wireless router at home with my blackberry.

My Palm T/X does this fine, I just wish the 7250 had WiFi. Expandable memory would be great too. Is there anyone out there doing any hardware hacking on the 7250? It was cheap from AllTel so I'm stuck with a 2 yr. contract on this outdated blackberry...

Another no-feature is the roaming indicator on the 7250. When I'm in the extended network (not roaming) the triagle should flash like other cells. It doesn't, it stays a solid triangle even though I'm not actually roaming. The only way I can tell if I'm really roaming is ask my wife to check her status on the slider phone.

g1no
05-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Didn't we have this thread (a few times) in the past.... It degraded pretty rapidly... Here we go :-)

thanks for your contribution.

g1no
05-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post. Sorry. Must be different rules.

take that chill pill.

g1no
05-21-2006, 10:23 AM
if shes not talking to you- dont worry she will get over it
death in the family? time will heal that eventually.
debt got you down? sell the bb and pc.

im sure we all can go round to most new post with comments about it already being posted in the past. if you didnt have anything to contribute you couldve just kept it to yourself.

BilltheCat
05-21-2006, 10:25 AM
you didn't really disturb the thread brother. You just didn't contribute anything worth your effort in posting. Humor is a difficult concept; knowing when to interject levity and when not to. No harm no foul.

Press on! (y)

NJBlackBerry
05-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow... Getting slammed on this thread.
I am deleting all my threads in here since it appears I am offending people.
Lord knows I try and help people out. But if they don't like my postings, I certainly won't be on the look out to help them (or comment in their threads) again.

Good luck with the perfect BlackBerry.

g1no
05-21-2006, 10:49 AM
helping me out wouldve meant you replying with a link to that "post in the past" you mention.

thanks for a very entertaining day.

Pizzle
05-21-2006, 10:56 AM
...and tech support that knows more than I do.

lol

NJBlackBerry
05-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I am so much happier now knowing that you are entertained.

Here are some other threads on perfect/dream phones and BlackBerrys

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33858
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=527

And my all time favorite - filled with sarcasm, so don't get too upset...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=24438

Please, have a great day.

g1no
05-21-2006, 11:01 AM
well done.

Soapm
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't know NJB, I don't mind your post. I prefer them over a guy who joined the family in May dictating what a forum mod should put in his post. We were ok before May???

How serious can a dream thread be? It's not like RIM will read the wish list then put the engineers right on it. So in that light, the entire thread is fiction... Too bad Dawg's not around anymore, I'm sure he would have words for this guy...

k9Berry1
05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I foward some of your information from the threads to a buddy of mine at RIM. He passes them on to the powers.....

As for the perfect BB... Hum i like what i have.. Hate the painted bodies, the stupid nylon pouch... What my clients want is different... Faster browser, Camera, MP3 player, include the ability to modify office docs. (yes i know there are third party apps)

Love my 7100i :)

Soapm
05-21-2006, 03:15 PM
In that case put me down for MP3 player and GPS of sort.

mymitsu3kgt
05-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Greater bluetooth functionality, expandable memory slot, wifi.

Heavy I/O
05-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Strong Wifi with a hard on/off switch

Sync app like Palm

Office like Pocket PC

Able to handle Certs better (DoD) CAC is a pain.

Stronger case

MP3 Player

Louder earpiece

Reception that rivals a satilite in orbit

Memory slot (at least 512)

Camera (2megapixel)

tethering the right way with 1mb bandwidth up/down

large capacitor so you could switch batteries without turning it off or having it go down. ( I have two batteries and sometimes I have to change in the middle of the day).:x

That's about it... LOL

Heavy 8-)

g1no
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Heavy, that looks like a BB9*** series spec

juwaack68
05-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow... Getting slammed on this thread.
I am deleting all my threads in here since it appears I am offending people.
Lord knows I try and help people out. But if they don't like my postings, I certainly won't be on the look out to help them (or comment in their threads) again.

Good luck with the perfect BlackBerry.

Dang, wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I rather enjoy NJ's posts. :-)

mriff
05-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Dang, wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I rather enjoy NJ's posts. :-)
Me too! I saw him quoted, and went back to look for the posts before I saw his comment that he deleted them. Oh well. Hit restore NJBB. :razz:

BilltheCat
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
very good resource for all things BB but had an off day. I hope he will decide not to disappear entireley.

NJBlackBerry
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm just staying out of this thread.
Unless I feel like commenting ;-)

hcheun
05-24-2006, 05:09 AM
As long as it's as sturdy as 7250 , and just have a faster processor and some multimedia capabilties, i'd probably be happy.

Though be a tech junky, haveing practically every functionality in the BB (i.e. wifi, mem slot, camera, etc. ) would be very nice.

typeshprelude98
05-24-2006, 10:52 AM
sprint evdo, nextel PTT, CDMA Sprint cell use.
87xx or 75xx/72xx series preferably...
possibly in production already?? 8702 sprint phone....sprint is rolling out 3 Moto phones that will have CDMA phone service, Sprint EVDO, but Nextel Iden's network for the PTT

I can only dream for now

ndub33
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
A memory card slot and a form factor for the 7100 series that doesn't look 10 years out of date would pretty much complete the package for me.

Zro
05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
2 words...Updated 950.

I would love to have an updated 950 that is maybe a bit slimmer and work on the GSM/EDGE network. No phone...no bluetooth....no wi-fi, camera, mp3, coffee maker, etc. Just a rock solid email machine that fits nicely in the hand...

THAT'S my perfect BB.

Zro

Inphektion
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM
2 words...Updated 950.

I would love to have an updated 950 that is maybe a bit slimmer and work on the GSM/EDGE network. No phone...no bluetooth....no wi-fi, camera, mp3, coffee maker, etc. Just a rock solid email machine that fits nicely in the hand...

THAT'S my perfect BB.

Zro

That's not a bad idea. I bet they could make one today as slim as the razor but in a credit card sized square. And just does emails and pins and costs $50. that would sell like mad.

BBAdmin
05-25-2006, 10:27 AM
I have the perfect BlackBerry, it's called an 8700!!!!!!

mriff
05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I have the perfect BlackBerry, it's called an 8700!!!!!!
AGREED! Now if we can just get that 4.2 upgrade.......:razz:

tmj
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I would like to see the kung fu grip:razz:

DaveMode
05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Here's my small request to RIM

- 4 Gigs of internal flash memory (like the ipod nano)
- Camera (3 MP minimum) that also shoots video
- Media player that plays mp3's and video (and can act like a media server)
- Seemlessly switches between wifi when avail and celluar network for data
- Embedded GPS (like my 7520 has now) but with the capability to talk me to a location (like those TomTom devices)
- Capability to store actual attachments
- A "Windows Explorer" style interface to manager saved files, movies, and programs.

Webby
06-02-2006, 04:40 PM
The perfect Blackberry for me would be:

- 128 MB of Memory
- SD/mini SD slot
- camera & video capabilities
- Media Player

imfoz
06-06-2006, 07:59 AM
TOUCH SCREEN.... save a lot of "wheeling"

cooperpwc
06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Windshield Wipers... to clean the fingerprints off the touch screen.

Soapm
06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
TOUCH SCREEN.... save a lot of "wheeling"

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. I wanted an electrically charged screen to keep people from touching it...

bigmattfromjersey
06-07-2006, 02:16 PM
mine would be
full keyboard
touch screen
camera
sd card slot
media player like windows media player
able to use activesync it is so easy
mp3 ringtones
fast web browser
and of course chirp aka DC
nextel only service i use.

ndub33
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. I wanted an electrically charged screen to keep people from touching it...

LOL! My wife and I have the touch screen discussion semi-constantly...she's a Treo user...such unfortunates should be pitied, not scorned...

pyro619sd
06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
o yea they need a cam like 3.3 mp

Barrikin
06-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Something that doesn't get me in shit with the wife.:bb:

JaguarXJ7
06-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Something that doesn't get me in shit with the wife.:bb:

It's actually rather funny that you should mention this, because it was the basis of my switching from a Treo to BB. My Treo 600 did not have very good reception, only it turns out that my BB 7250 is only marginally better. :cry:

I am not really sold on the BB's yet, I think they leave alot to be desired; such as:

Expandable Memory - It blows my mind that in this day and age that anyone would develop a device without it!

More Built In Memory - My opinion on this is that RIM plays into the hands of developers that offer "Subscription" services. This is really only necessary because there is not enough built in memory to fit a reasonably full application. It is forces (sort of) us BB users to purchase unlimited data packages - Why? Because you need the extra data bandwith to use all the damn subscription services ........... Helloooo!

More *Usefull* Built In Apps - Like some decent "Office" programs would be nice so I don't have to use the crappy attachment services just to look at a d*mn document. Again, something else that eats up data and also because the built in memory is so low, downloading multiple "Complete" emails would overload the memory. Not Good!

I hate those stupid cameras in phones .......... *RIM! if you can hear me ........... don't put in useless cameras!!!!!!!

I truly beleive the hardware for the cameras (albeit small) take up valuable space and resources that could have been put to better use, like better receivers. *Palm! ....... Did you hear that! get rid of the damn cameras and put in better receivers.

Don't flame me! These are my opinions and I truly beleive that RIM has a good thing going, it just seems that their development process is too slow. I AM Canadian and want nothing more than to see a Canadian company such as RIM do well. I do however think that if they don't get off their laurels soon, Microsoft and Palm are going to leave them in their dust trail.

ItsAllVerbatim
06-16-2006, 08:23 AM
That's not a bad idea. I bet they could make one today as slim as the razor but in a credit card sized square. And just does emails and pins and costs $50. that would sell like mad.

I say this all the time...does no one remember the craze that was the Motorola 2 way pagers?

Both the Timeports and the T900's were small and basic. Monochrome, tiny little keyboards, pocketable and sold like hot cakes. Everyone from healthcare to realtors to rap artists (and, more importantly, consumers who imitated these three main telelcommunications consumers) was getting one at one point.

Some hospitals are just now switching over to Treo's and Blackberries from the Timeport T900's (the small blakc clamshell models, mostly sold through SkyTel.)

Blackberry.

You'd make a killing with a basic, sub-$100 model with a color screen the size of a credit card, the width of a RAZR, and a QWERTY keyboard. It doesn't even have to be QWERTY...the 18-34 market segment alone would devour it. Blackberries are still not as adoptable as camera phones because you can get a cheap camera phone for $29. I know not all segments nor conusmers are the same - I'm just saying for explosive market growth, they are going to have to, perhaps in parallel to the business line, release devices WITHOUT cameras but with multimedia features. Pinging should be a household word by now. Text is a convienence we should have made affordable.

I own a 8700c, a 7105t, a 7520 with a plan and a old 950. I can afford BB's.

They need to target those who previously couldn't. The would truly be an unstoppable force. And Microsoft couldn't do a damn thing.(y)

DoomBringer
06-16-2006, 01:04 PM
One with an OS that doesn't break. I can't tell you how many times during a dev/deployment/whatever cycle of tests the thing broke.

mymitsu3kgt
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
One with an OS that doesn't break. I can't tell you how many times during a dev/deployment/whatever cycle of tests the thing broke.

You must be talking about a Treo because in my experience and many other's on this forum, the OS is rock solid. I have never had mine "break" no matter what program, OS, or theme I've installed.

devlol
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
My 8700 + better bluetooth + better speaker / mic + expandable mem slot

HuwSy
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
7130g with more memory, around the 512mb mark.

Some easy way to sync music and video and documents and images to it.

More open development system, so someone can make a video player which supports divx and tomtom type software, also relys on more memory above.

Finally built able to withstand a tank driving over it, lol.

But no camera, and no memory. Need to keep it governmentaly acceptable.

emperorMA
06-16-2006, 03:00 PM
I would like a full-featured device similar to the 8700 with more internal memory, a memory card slot and multi-media capability. I would really like it if this device were made to run on something other than those cheapy, slow GSM networks that BB is so fond of. I know that Europe uses that and so do the lesser carriers here (BIG markets), but Asia and enlightened carriers here know that data's future runs on superior (and more expensive) CDMA technology.

Bscott
06-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I would love to see a memory card slot, better GPS and a phone that would not have to be replaced everytime something locks up on it ( I am on my third phone in a year and a half) and tech support that knows more about the phone than I do.

NJBlackBerry
06-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Wow. Three phones in 18 months. Hmm.. Never had to replace one myself.

HuwSy
06-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Oh something thats not quite the phone needing changing so is possible.

Google maps to use gps snd display 3d mapping for navigation either in road view or satellite view, with onscreen and possibly voice direction where supported. Then have the keys assignable so i could press say P and it would show me on the map the local petrol stations then press it again and it would add to the route a detour via the nearest petrol station. Being a live connection it should also have the most upto date library of places and speed cameras, including any mobile sites that are active that day.

Edit: Maybe i should add this to the 3rd party softare forum.

forevergreen
06-18-2006, 06:36 AM
I don't know if this has been offered already, but I think a dedicated NUM LOCK button would be great. I know you can num lock with two key strokes, but i never bother. It would be handy when you can only use one hand to type.

Aroc
06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Here's what my users are asking for:

More memory, so the following could be possible:
Sync ALL messages in the past. (It would be nice if BES/BIS culd at least store the Subject and From fields. If it had to download the message bodies, that would be accpetable, but we'd prefer to store them all. This might be possible with several hundred MBs of memory.

Remote access to file shares.
This is not feasible without some sort of MS Office viewer (with at least somewhat to embed comments or do redline mark ups) or an Adobe Reader.

Access to threaded discussions in Lotus Notes databases.
Probably not likely without a full Lotus Notes client running on the BB. But maybe some Notes APIs would give this ability?

At least 7-day battery life under heavy use conditions.

More bling-bling and more sex appeal. (for the BB not the users, although it wouldn't hurt the users).

Better webmail integration
Two-way wireless email reconciliation between GMail and a BB handheld using BIS.
Two-way wireless email reconciliation between HoTMaiL and a BB handheld using BIS.

Ability to view Lotus Notes encrypted email.

jungleland
06-22-2006, 10:16 AM
I think a BB is perfect right now, with the exception of a toilet, a fridge a 60inch plasma and a vagina...

brokendreams
10-09-2006, 07:39 AM
iDEN
decent camera (1.5 MP and above
Voicerecord support
PTT support
The size of a 7100i
Military spec
mp3 ringtones (not that important, but I'm dreaming here, right?)
Bluetooth support
WiFi support
IM support
expandable media slot!

Dawg
10-09-2006, 09:17 AM
My perfect BB is not a BB at all I am using a nextel motorola i930 and dang I love this phone. Never dreamed I would leave the BB world but I havent missed it at all.

wortmanb
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
It may just be that I am new to threads and to bb's as a whole, but I want to be able to send email with attachments. If there is a way an I am just not able to figure it out let me know. Also expandable memory.

Impaler80s
10-12-2006, 03:28 PM
For me, a long-time Nextel user, would be durability. I've had the 7510, 7520 and now 7100i. Nextel is big about providing padding for their phones, and this would be nice, too.

Would like to see a Pearl and 4.2 version BB for Nextel, but I'm not counting on it.

hcheun
10-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I'll just wait for the Crimson to come out for Verizon/Sprint. It pretty much sums up my perfect blackberry. After it's released, i think i can die and go to Blackberry heaven. LoL :razz:

Bigmark173
10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Give me an 8703 with a QUALITY camera and an SD slot....and I'd be happy....at least for a little while!!!

kmccarthy
10-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Give me an 8703 with a QUALITY camera and an SD slot....and I'd be happy....at least for a little while!!!

Same, but and 8700g with a 2mp camera (with option of recording video), HSDPA, and an SD slot. I can then die a happy man :razz:

breaker909
11-29-2006, 03:21 AM
PTT
GPS
OPERA MINI BROWSER STANDARD
PHONE ;)

Ohhh...and e-mail too.

Scott403540
11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
3G would be awesome

i<3mypearl
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
actually, i would agree with most everything posted...but how about a network upgrade (although i'm happy with the $20 tmo price all u can eat plan!)

other than that...a pearl with an external access microSD slot, WMA & quicktime support, mil spec durability, and longer battery life? (possibly a bigger speaker)

thuggin
11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Strong Wifi with a hard on/off switch

Sync app like Palm

Office like Pocket PC

Able to handle Certs better (DoD) CAC is a pain.

Stronger case

MP3 Player

Louder earpiece

Reception that rivals a satilite in orbit

Memory slot (at least 512)

Camera (2megapixel)

tethering the right way with 1mb bandwidth up/down

large capacitor so you could switch batteries without turning it off or having it go down. ( I have two batteries and sometimes I have to change in the middle of the day).:x

That's about it... LOL

Heavy 8-)

Funny how most folks just want another phone. The Hermes 8125/8525 already does/ has these things. The Treo 700 has these things. Many other phones out there have these things. Why is everyone soooo loyal to RIM, when they have been very slow in development and implementation? I am a 8700 user, I like it, but I am considering others.

Dream Phone: Hermes 8125/8525 with BB Connect and Instant Msg app built into the phone. (what more do you need)

HuwSy
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Want another phone??? If anyone finds me one that does texts / emails threaded so you can see what the hell it is your replying to on screen at the same time then I might consider it. But so far all Iv seen do this is the both palm and windows treos, but they dont look anywhere near as nice.

I just want a BB Perl, but made for everyday customers a little more by not requiring a bb data plan for basic web access, mms or interval checked email. but still requires the plan if your after instant email or blackberry maps. Just so it can compete more with the other phones out there on price plan cost.

Oh and bb maps to have europe maps, and live traffic updates / automatic rerouting around congestion (if it doesnt already).

li2327
11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would like a blackberry with a MP3 player, nice camera. What would really make it perfect is an app for aim made just for the blackberry like yahoo.

li2327
11-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would like a blackberry with a MP3 player, nice camera. What would really make it perfect is an app for aim made just for the blackberry like yahoo.

Eddiiieee
11-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I would like my Perfect dream blackberry to have:
-20 gigs of internal memory
-builded in Wifi with USB port for LAN.
-Camera with really high resolution mega pixel
-TouchScreen and still have the scrollwheel to control
-sidekey to push in to enter applications
-Custom theme built in
-Able to play almost any games when change to .jar files
ETC.

Soapm
11-30-2006, 11:22 PM
My perfect BB is not a BB at all I am using a nextel motorola i930 and dang I love this phone. Never dreamed I would leave the BB world but I havent missed it at all.

Welcome back...

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

mortys11
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
i think the following are all possible:

- full qwerty keys
- 2 GB internal
- 8 GB Memory Card
- Wi Fi
- GPS
- Blue Tooth
- bigger pearl ball
- 3.2 mp cam with still/video app (send/rec pics or video)
- MS Office apps with ability to save and edit files
- Fax (send / Rec) docs on/from hand held
- More video/ audio formats
- Real Brushed Aluminium or Titanium case not painted plastic (thin like pearl)
- Any Black accents to be hard die cut rubber that can take abuse
- Built in Theme modification
- speaker fon
- sling box app
- pdf + more attachment readers
+ all existing app from 8700 / 8100

thats all

skuba
12-01-2006, 05:34 PM
As everyone else has said:

An 8700 base
with camera
media player
removable media slots
and able to play streaming media.
oh and more free games, but thats for another thread me thinks!:razz:

De_Facto
12-02-2006, 09:35 PM
I agree with most of the previous posts. Durability, more software, camera, etc. I wish it were possible to print from my BB, w/o bluetooth.

tamparican
12-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree with alot of the things already said here but i will throw my perfect wish list anyways:
* Strong Wi-FI
* Touchscreen BUT with the trackball for full control
* 1GB internal memory
* Micro SD slot that isnt behind the battery!
* Media player controls on the side of phone so that we can gain the extra space when watching videos ( FULL SCREEN)
* Harder case that doesnt feel as fragile and with less fingerprints
* Camera with at least 3.0 MP and video -recording capabilities
* Better internet browser.
* more software, then relying on alot of 3rd party apps.
* Better internal media manager with more capabilities
* Color options for the blinking light.
* A direct connect button would be useful as well maybe a PIN type thing?!? Instead of PIN messages only how about PIN CONNECT
* A better earpiece as well

Overall I love the phone but i feel with a few more improvements and tweaks this pearl could have been alot more of a statement then it was. It still can be

dapoktan
01-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Battery life of 90 years w/ 1 charge :D

kbnash
01-15-2007, 02:02 AM
My ideal BB (had a 7250 and now use a 7130) is my 7130 (because I love the tethered modem feature and use it extensively) with voicedialing (i hate the fact that every teenager has it but I can't use it for myself when driving etc), expandable memory. MP3 is nice but I carry my noise cancellation headphones when traveling anyway. And no need for the weak camera. those are two devies left to specialized units, plus the files for both take up enourmous amounts of space. I need and use my bb for massive amounts of business communication, thus one more feature is better attachment handling.

BBAddict8100
01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I would like the 8100 in an 8700 case, with camera of course

BBAddict8100
01-15-2007, 01:47 PM
That sounds dangerous....(a vagina!!!!)

BBAddict8100
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
As everyone else has said:

An 8700 base
with camera
media player