PDA

View Full Version : missing service books on the 7100i

sweetvixen
05-21-2006, 08:04 AM
i just redid my os and wiped my phone and all and all is working well but it seems that i am missing some service books. i cant log into verichat or download attachments in my emails and gives me a service book error.... i've resent my service books 2 times already. could someone please help me out? :smile:

sweetvixen
05-21-2006, 08:15 AM
these are the books i have:
......(my username)@<hidden>
provisioning
ippp for bibs
blackberry internet browser
wap transport nextel
browser config for 5 click
ippp for 5 click
yahoo! messenger
bbfs1
mms client
nextel mms transport
wap push config

sweetvixen
05-21-2006, 09:22 AM
:oops:

BERDucky
05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
try this...

connect to your desktop manager and clear the service book database (backup/restore -> advanced-> highlight servicebook-> choose clear)

do a register now (you may want to remove the battery before this just to amke sure everything is cleared)

resend yourself the service books

hope this helps

jungleland
05-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know how to search? I swear, this has been covered 1000 times

sweetvixen
05-21-2006, 10:30 AM
ok so i did that and the attachments and verichat still arent working

drgoodtymes
05-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Try this,

clear the service books via the desktop manager
Then do a master radio reset,
options, security, general, click on trackwheel again, select master radio reset.
after that completes, pull the battery
reboot, then go to the host routing table, and register now, 3 times
see if this helps :)

lgreenberg
05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Jungleland - we have said it a million times. It's even in the rules of the forum. DO NOT post a repsonse to someone's question which is only "SEARCH." I know it's frustrating seeing a new thread which contains a question which has been asked and answered before. Here's a tip though. Don't read it. If you see something which bothers you either report the post to a moderator or simply move on. The moderators will handle repeat posts. Either answer the person's question or don't bother posting at all.

sweetvixen - I suggest you mind your language from now on. We don't allow members to speak to each other that way, right or wrong. Remember the old saying, "two wrongs do not make a right." Follow it or you'll wind up gone from here.