PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question : Setting up Emails

topramen78
05-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey All-

Sorry for the newb question but I can't seem to figure out how to set up emails the way I want them set up.

So, I can set up the accounts and they all come into the 'Messages' area, but I can't figure how to reply using different addresses (or sorting my incoming emails by account).

For example, say I have:

email1@<hidden>
email2@<hidden>
email3@<hidden>

Is there a way to a) reply to any email that came in to email1@<hidden> using email1@<hidden>? If so, how. 2) Manage my emails so that when they appear in the messages area, they are sorted by account type(email1, email2, etc) as opposed to date?

I just don't get how I can compose emails from various accounts since I can never change my Send address. I feel like an idiot.

koleary19067
05-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Are you on BIS 1.8 or 2.0. What carrier are you with. This will help us answer you question with details

LunkHead
05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

To change the Sent From address:

In the message area you click 'Compose Email'. At the top of the email you will see where it says: 'Send Using' [Default] click on that and select: 'Change Option'. You will then be able to select what email address to send from.

If you receive an email on email2 and you click reply it automatically replies from the email2 address ect...

Hope this make sense :)

topramen78
05-22-2006, 11:54 AM
There is no send using .... it just says "To".

I heard the Cingular version of BIS (if it exists), doesn't currently support emailing from multitple pop3 accounts. Only from one.

I think I'll return the blackberry 8700c since I'm not really going to be using it much for work. I have a couple of email accounts I used regularly, and i text message a lot so I thought this would be a pretty cool phone for those reasons .... =(

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

To change the Sent From address:

In the message area you click 'Compose Email'. At the top of the email you will see where it says: 'Send Using' [Default] click on that and select: 'Change Option'. You will then be able to select what email address to send from.

If you receive an email on email2 and you click reply it automatically replies from the email2 address ect...

Hope this make sense :)

LBC
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
I have no problem with sending from different addresses. Set up on the Blackberry email server. Its easier. You can set "from same address as received" or other options. i have a 8700c

Stinsonddog
05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Check out my gmail/yahoo page for some information on BIS 2.0 and reply to options.

brittonl
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
"In the message area you click 'Compose Email'. At the top of the email you will see where it says: 'Send Using' [Default] click on that and select: 'Change Option'. You will then be able to select what email address to send from."

Is there a way to change this [Default] permanently? It seems the first account I configured for use has become this default by default. If I remove this account from BIS how would [Default] behave then?