PDA

View Full Version : How do I get "1" to dial voicemail?

craigw9292
05-22-2006, 10:15 AM
it used to work until I upgraded my firmware to 4.1 and now I get an invalid number when holding key 1.

thanks
-c

biellos
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
that has happened to a few of us... and I believe there is another posting already with a variety of solutions... try searching.

if you want to do what i did (and it worked for me, not all)... i assigned a 'speed dial' to my 1 key and used my phone number.

strongergodzilla
05-22-2006, 10:19 AM
make sure that dial from home screen is turned ON in your options menu

nodogrules
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
If using full keyboard bb (like 8700) you need to assign your vmail number to the "w" instead of "1", since that is really what you are pressing.

If suretype keyboard, you may just have to re-establish the vmail number on your phone via phone-->options-->vmail (I 'think').

justin.culp
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Here is the real deal fix.....took me a few times but I got it.

If you see invalid phone number when holding down 1 or 'w'....do this:

Go to the phone app....wheelclick....view speed dial list....go down to 'w'....wheelclick....(it should say unknown number or something like that)....delete.

Close the phone app....go to the host routing table...re-register the handheld. Turn off the handheld.....remove battery for 30 secs...pop battery back in...turn the wirelss on.....

Works for me everytime....by everytime I mean everytime I changes OS's. Just changed today and this worked great.

earth
05-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Also, with services like Rogers you need to call them up to get the voicemail dialin number.

You then go into the phone app, to into options, go into voicemail. enter +1xxxxxxxxxx as the phone number Rogers provides you with, then put ur password and # in the additional numbers.

Rhialto
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Funny, I wasn't looking for this in the 1st place but it happen that the numer under W for speedialing the voicemail had crap added to it and thus wasn't working anymore, just while I was browsing the forum. Had to delete and assign it again but this time when I speedial W it does not tell me I'm dialing the Voice Mail but I get there anyway.