PDA

View Full Version : BB Messenger Icon

allenranger2
05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out what a BB Messenger icon means. I couldn't find this on the blackberry.com support site either. I know that when a person intentionally sets unavailable, the icon with the red circle and slash pops up. Ok, that I get. How about when the buddy list shows them as away and grey'd out, but they have this little icon with a triangular shape on top? I can't figure that one out! Thanks for the help.

allenranger2
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd appreciate any help....thanks.

rcbjr
05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I think that means they're in another conversation, but I may be wrong. I seem to remember a thread on BB messenger Icons but don't have the time to search for it right now.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

hbomb341
05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
If you search there are like 3 threads about it; but no real answer.

EricaJ1074
05-22-2006, 07:05 PM
If you're referring to the small black and yellow triangle, that means they're Busy.

Liv
05-22-2006, 10:31 PM
What I don't get is how they change it to busy, I only know how to make mine unavailable.

Not sure what the "R" and "D" mean either with the messages

cooperpwc
05-22-2006, 10:58 PM
What I don't get is how they change it to busy, I only know how to make mine unavailable.

Not sure what the "R" and "D" mean either with the messages
Liv,
the Busy system is completely opaque. I've read the RIM explanation several times and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, you can't declare yourself Busy, it's just something that your Blackberry indicates to others depending on your current usage.
D means delivered, just like with a PIN.
R seems to mean Replied or Reply Received.

rcbjr
05-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Liv,
the Busy system is completely opaque. I've read the RIM explanation several times and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, you can't declare yourself Busy, it's just something that your Blackberry indicates to others depending on your current usage.
D means delivered, just like with a PIN.
R seems to mean Replied or Reply Received.
-----
R simply means Read, not Replied.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

allenranger2
05-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for your replies. I did read someone's speculation that that little black and yellow sign means that they're either on the phone (or in a subway, tunnel, etc..), or they are idle. However if they're idle, i recently saw another icon with a blue clock. I'd assume that's idle. RIM did a great job with throwing us off :-).