PDA

View Full Version : 8700 w/ BES and BWC?

HunterHillegas
05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I recently got an 8700c and so far I've been using Cingular's BWC. Works fine.

I have a question about mixing BES and BWC. I have an account on an Exchange Server w/ BES.

1. Can I use both BES and BWC? I have non-Exchange accounts that I want to continue to use via BWC. I believe the answer to this is yes.

2. What happens to the 'other' parts of my Exchange mailbox, such as Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes? If those come down via BES, what happens to the contacts that I sync'd in via USB? Can I somehow maintain both my Exchange contacts via BES and my 'normal' contacts via my USB sync? This is really the part that isn't totally clear to me.

So far I'm loving my BB (good riddance Treo 650)!

jmcmullen
05-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes you can run both a BES and BWC.. I am doing that now...

and Yes you can still add contact by USB and they will sync to your BES once you have uploaded them..

southwestcomm
05-22-2006, 09:59 PM
If you are on BES new contacts will sync to Exchange wirelessly.
You can access both BIS and BES accounts by default. Your BES admin can disable the BIS if they want.

kitmoni
05-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (Thumpers 8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You should also be aware that your BES admin can set some restrictions to BWC on your device. I can receive BWC messages, but I can't send them.