PDA

View Full Version : New Blackberry - messaging issues

JasonJason
05-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
My 7230 is dead (well, not dead, just the only victom of a recent car accident) Next time you get in the car.. take the BB off before you buckle your seat belt! Anyway, here are some questions.

I now have a 7290 (AWESOME BB btw!!!). My corporate policies have changed and become much more strict. I dont think I will be added again to the BES. My membership on the BES was part of the device and NOT encrypted on the SIM card!

Right now I have GMail and Yahoo mail being forwarded to my BB. I have no corporate e-mail being directed to me. Any ideas? Is there a way that I can forward the outlook emails to gmail and retain the "sent from" name.. and in the process, mask the outgoing e-mail to show my corporate address?

I can live with the time delay.. What do you reccomend?

thanks!!

-J

JasonJason
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi, I forgot to mention, my company does have outlook web access.. just need to figure out how to use it..

-J

BERDucky
05-23-2006, 01:16 PM
your IT should be able to update the BES to remove your old PIN and add the new...

otherwise, add your account using OWA the same way you added your Yahoo and Gmail to your BIS

trini2dboneny
05-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi, I forgot to mention, my company does have outlook web access.. just need to figure out how to use it..

-J
if it is a pop 3 outlook access u can add it to the bis the same way u add gmail or hotmail

CanuckBB
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
If it's the company BB, then there is no reason why the new BB can't be added to the BES.

If it's your personal BB, and you were on the BES even though you're not supposed to receive corporate email on a handheld, then I'd suggest you not try to circumvent company policies.

It's their e-mails, they can set whatever security policies for them they want.