PDA

View Full Version : Dis-associating a BB from BES

aau007
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
What is the best way to dis-associate a unit from the BES without activating on another?

I want to be able to remove my BB from a BES over the handheld so it reverts to a standalone unit, with the "Enterprise Activation" icon reappearing.

d_fisher
05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
If an IT policy has been applied previous, send a new blank policy to your BlackBerry. Remove your BES account and PIN number from the server. Delete the Desktop service book from the handheld. The Enterprise Activation icon wont return, but you can access it from the options menu. If you try to activate to a new BES server, or have a different user on the BlackBerry you will be prompted to wipe before continuing.

aau007
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
That's what I have been doing. Is there not a way to make it so that 1) the "Enterprise Activation" icon reappears and 2) won't do a wipe when activating on another BES, without doing a hard reset?

Reason I ask, I use one of the BB units for demo/training and like to be able to show people what it looks like from the beginning, just like they obtain a new BB.

d_fisher
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Create a generic account so you can reset the device and reactivate it anytime you want.

jibi
05-23-2006, 02:38 PM
If you want the Enterprise Activation icon to simply reappear, you will need to remove, at the very least, the Desktop [CMIME] service book. This will remove your messaging/BES capabilities on that handheld - follow suit with the other Desktop service books if you want the presence semi-completely gone. As Doug mentioned, if you have any IT Policy other than the Default one pushed to the handheld, then it may or may not look like it was out of the box due to that policy being applied. A wipe is the best method to take, although it can be a lengthy process on the color 77xx, 72xx and 7100 handhelds.