PDA

View Full Version : Any way to discover what software is installed?

tgray
05-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Is there a way to discover what software is currently installed on our 1300+ BlackBerries in our enterprise? We are trying to determine how many people are using a particular BlackBerry application, but we are not sure how to determine this info.

Any way to discover what software is installed via the BES or Handheld Config Tool?

I searched for the answer, but apparently my search arguments are general enough to not find an answer....

Thanks all,

Ray

udontknowjack
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
The handheld configurattion tool should be able to tell you that. I don't know immediately how to get all the info in a report but You can tell by look at each individual user.

tgray
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Ah, okay. I see where I can look up individual users under "View Handheld Properties through the Handheld Config Tool.

Rather than look each user up one at a time, if anyone knows how to extract this info into a database, that would save me a great deal of time....

d_fisher
05-25-2006, 11:18 PM
With 1300+ users, I am assuming that your using a SQL database instead of MSDE. All the information should be in the database. If your familiar with pulling queries from an SQL database, it shouldnt be too hard to do.

jsplit
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Is there a way to discover what software is currently installed on our 1300+ BlackBerries in our enterprise? We are trying to determine how many people are using a particular BlackBerry application, but we are not sure how to determine this info.

Any way to discover what software is installed via the BES or Handheld Config Tool?

I searched for the answer, but apparently my search arguments are general enough to not find an answer....

Thanks all,

Ray

Ray,

We (boxtone) can do this. One of my skunkworks projects is a webapp that does specifically this. I'll show you it sometime soon.

Jon