PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about BB desktop software

jps99jps99
05-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I am a new user and have a question about where to load the desktop software for my BB. Does it matter if I install the software on my personal computer (a powerbook) or do I need to install it on my work computer?

Thanks.

justin.culp
05-26-2006, 08:51 AM
It will need to be on each computer you use to sync up to your calendar and contacts software....i.e. Outlook.

NJBlackBerry
05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I am a new user and have a question about where to load the desktop software for my BB. Does it matter if I install the software on my personal computer (a powerbook) or do I need to install it on my work computer?

Thanks.
I don't believe Desktop Manager can be loaded on a Powerbook.

BBAdmin
05-26-2006, 09:11 AM
You'll have to use PocketMac for a PowerBook. Remember, if you're synchronising with different computers with different calendar/contact items, things may start getting a little messy. I'd use one computer to sync all your data with.

mymitsu3kgt
05-26-2006, 12:07 PM
That's a sweet avatar BBAdmin.

BBAdmin
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
That's a sweet avatar BBAdmin

It's a little sick I know, and I've had a few comments on other posts today, but hey!!!!

jps99jps99
05-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I appreciate the input. I'm not interested in trying to synch my powerbook with my BB and my desktop (running Lotus). Mostly I'd like to be able to download programs from the web on my powerbook and them get them onto my BB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - I'm very appreciative of this forum.

BBAdmin
05-27-2006, 03:20 AM
There is no application loader program for the Mac - you have to use Desktop Manager application loader, which is only available for Windows at present. Some software can be downloaded over the air striaght from the Browser on the device though.

NJBlackBerry
05-27-2006, 06:23 AM
You might want to look in the Mac Users Corner.
People there have the same wants...