PDA

View Full Version : Sent mail from BB and outlook

yahtzee
05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Since i moved to a different BES within my company, i am seeing sent items from my BB as well as my desktop. If i select "hide sent items" it hides both of them. I want to see the sent items that i send from my BB and i want them to appear in my sent items folder on my desktop but i dont want to see any sent items that are sent from my desktop to show on my bb.

If i go into email settings click the tw and select folder redirection, there is a red slash through the desktop and thats it. Nothing to select or change.

Suggestions?

yahtzee
05-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Since i moved to a different BES within my company, i am seeing sent items from my BB as well as my desktop. If i select "hide sent items" it hides both of them. I want to see the sent items that i send from my BB and i want them to appear in my sent items folder on my desktop but i dont want to see any sent items that are sent from my desktop to show on my bb.

If i go into email settings click the tw and select folder redirection, there is a red slash through the desktop and thats it. Nothing to select or change.

Suggestions?

Anyone?

NJBlackBerry
05-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Using the "search" feature I found a thread on how to hide sent items...

Check out option 1.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=31528

That should do it...

yahtzee
05-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Using the "search" feature I found a thread on how to hide sent items...

Check out option 1.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=31528

That should do it...

Thanks for the "using the search feature" post but i already did use the search feature and that isnt the issue. I dont want to hide ALL sent mail, just sent mail from my desktop. If go into folder redirection, there is no option to uncheck anything (like i said before). Im on a corporate BES.

NJBlackBerry
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes, I know you want to not see e-mail sent from your desktop.

Go into Messages - Options - Email Settings - Click the wheel and choose Folder Redirection then Expand Mailbox - name and uncheck Sent Items.

This will make it so email sent from the desktop do not appear in the handheld.

I am also on a BES, thanks.

Seriously, it works. The search is accurate.

yahtzee
05-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes, I know you want to not see e-mail sent from your desktop.

Go into Messages - Options - Email Settings - Click the wheel and choose Folder Redirection then Expand Mailbox - name and uncheck Sent Items.

This will make it so email sent from the desktop do not appear in the handheld.

I am also on a BES, thanks.

Seriously, it works. The search is accurate.

And Ill say it once more....There are no other options once i hit Folder Redirection other than desktop (and it has a red slash mark through it). Not trying to be difficult but i know how to use the search function.

NJBlackBerry
05-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Can you expand the Desktop?
If not, then you are out of luck.
I am not trying to be difficult - but this is the way to stop Sent Items from appearing. If you can not expand Desktop and Mailbox then I don;t think you can do it.

Are you getting e-mail redirection from your main Outlook Inbox or from a PST file?

yahtzee
05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Can you expand the Desktop?
If not, then you are out of luck.
I am not trying to be difficult - but this is the way to stop Sent Items from appearing. If you can not expand Desktop and Mailbox then I don;t think you can do it.

Are you getting e-mail redirection from your main Outlook Inbox or from a PST file?

Cant expand the desktop. Odd thing is that before i was moved to a different BES, i was able to expand it. (matter of fact, i have helped many large corporations in my area with the simple fix that you described - its one of my notes on my bb). Its just not working on this one...and its coming from my main mailbox.

NJBlackBerry
05-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Must be something on the BES (duh - I know that's an obvious statement)...