PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Browser?

XxHghlndXX
05-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Hey quick question...
I downloaded the new OS Version 4.1 for my 7100g (from My Cingular phone) and i installed it to my BB via my computer, but it failed to install properlly so i decided to wipe my phone and reinstall the OS and it worked to perfection.Now I seem to have everything except i've lost my browser! I tried a couple of times to reinstall & repair the upgrade with the software i downloaded but with no results. I even downgraded the software version back to 4.0 but the browser icon doesn't show up there either now. If you check "Applications" in settings, it shows Blackberry 4.1 core app and blackblack 4.1 system and phone thats it... Can anyone give me some help?

-kai

blenahan
05-30-2006, 07:10 AM
if your browsers are missing, go into your BIS site and resend your Service Books, or go to Settings > Options > Network > Click on Bold Cingular listing, and choose REGISTER

XxHghlndXX
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
I went & tried that and no such luck it didn't work is there anything else I can try? Or any other way I can approach this?

jungleland
05-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I went & tried that and no such luck it didn't work is there anything else I can try? Or any other way I can approach this?

REREGISTER your HRT..That should do the trick..

XxHghlndXX
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I would like to know exactly what sequence of button I have to input into my 7100g to register my hrt if u mean going into the host routing table and highlighting the bold print from the list and using the register now function I did and I was sucessfully registered but no icon appeared : (

blenahan
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
take your battery out now, leave it out for 30 seconds, and pop it back in and see if the icons come down after turning your wireless back on

XxHghlndXX
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
How exactly do u get the back open? Its kinda tough to pull of and I'm not trin to break it lol

XxHghlndXX
05-30-2006, 02:22 PM
i figured out what i did wrong aparently when your setting up the os you need to go down the list and check all of the options that you want installed in the unit and i left the browser along with alot of other things i wanted unchecked... Me assuming that it was already checked was a mistake on my part sorry for the unnecesary headaches thanks for all your help everyone

blenahan
05-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Np, and I meant HRT this morning, not Network but you figured it out