PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Sync option missing for Tasks

blenahan
05-30-2006, 07:09 AM
I have a user that has no wireless synchronization option for tasks or address book. I have registered the device, sent service books, and deleted and undeleted the Desktop [SYNC] service book, then reset the device. The option is still missing. I am actually going to upgrade him to Cingular's latest OS for the 7100g, but I just wanted to know if anyone had seen this. In the past, I have gotten the wireless sync option to show up again after deleting then undeleting the Desktop [SYNC], but not this time.

d_fisher
05-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Did the end-user install the Desktop Manager and much up the settings there? Other than that, you have tried everything I would have suggested.

blenahan
05-30-2006, 10:37 AM
No I actually installed Desktop Manager on his machine yesterday in prep for the OS upgrade.

careyana
05-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I have a user that has no wireless synchronization option for tasks or address book. I have registered the device, sent service books, and deleted and undeleted the Desktop [SYNC] service book, then reset the device. The option is still missing. I am actually going to upgrade him to Cingular's latest OS for the 7100g, but I just wanted to know if anyone had seen this. In the past, I have gotten the wireless sync option to show up again after deleting then undeleting the Desktop [SYNC], but not this time.

I've had issues with the 7100 at times for this same issue. Did you disable the wire, delete the Desktop [Sync] service book, reenable the wire, and undelete? I think that's what I did at the time and it worked finally after three or four times.

Of course, this was after the user had upgraded to the newest OS himself.