PDA

View Full Version : 7100i Voicemail Notification

samcarroll
05-30-2006, 04:56 PM
For some reason i can NEVER get my Voicemail notification to pop up and tell me that i have a new one or how many i have. ONLY when i hard boot it does it tell me that i have new ones... I dont want to keep hard booting to figure out if i have a new voicemail or not...Please tell me this is fixable.

Spacewalker
06-30-2006, 11:29 PM
just discovered i have the same problem with my 7100i

Bradhar911
07-01-2006, 06:21 AM
What do you mean with the "pop-up" are you referring to the actual pop-up window that appears or the Voicemail icon up near the time display?

bleehan
07-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I found out that if you do a master radio reset, by choosing:
Options-
Security Options-
General Settings-
Password- and select "Master Radio Reset" you will be prompted with "Master reset will turn off the radio and restore factory default settings. Continue?"
Select yes, then it will prompt you for a password. If you have not setup a password for this, use 000000 (don't forget to press the alt button before you enter each zero or it will place a space there ;) then enter.

Once the reset is complete, it should reset ALL your correct services. I had great luck fixing this same issue, and I didn't have to go back to customize any of my created or downloaded themes, etc. It aslo kept my Enterprise server connection intact as well as my contacts, emails, saved stuff, etc. Now my voicemail staus indicator lets me know I have voicemails and how many, like it should. Good Luck 8-)

BTW I did this with a Nextel phone 7100i.

Stickseler
07-03-2006, 08:44 AM
This is pretty common with all nextel phones that Ive had. My 7100i actually seems beter than my old 730

zaakir
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
never have a problem with this on my 7520 nextel bb