PDA

View Full Version : PDF. I could open

eric0668
05-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Did not think I could. But when I zoomed, total blurr.

So I guess the lesson learned is YES, the BB 8700 can open them. But NO they cannot read them efficiently. You prolly need a third party app. Right?
Any freeware?

arche3
05-30-2006, 07:26 PM
If I open a pdf and I zoom in... I can use menu option "enhance" and it refocuses the pdf. So that it is sharp. most zoom levels can be enhanced I found. (I am on a BES.)

Did not think I could. But when I zoomed, total blurr.

So I guess the lesson learned is YES, the BB 8700 can open them. But NO they cannot read them efficiently. You prolly need a third party app. Right?
Any freeware?

HRom
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
We use Repligo which is great for all types of attachments. It really helps make exce spreadsheets easier to view

eric0668
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
We use Repligo which is great for all types of attachments. It really helps make exce spreadsheets easier to view

So let me see... I never wanted to ask because I didn't want to be accused of not SEARCHING... LOL But I thought as we are discussing that we could open files, then I was told no, you'd need a third party app. Now I see I can open the PDF. WOW< the enhance thing works great.

Now you say I can open an excel too?? And can I open a Word doc too?
So what all can I open and read and what will it be better with a third party app, and what can I not open at all, but can with a third party app, IF YOU DON"T MIND. And by all means, tell me where you got the info. so I don' tbother u again.

arche3
05-31-2006, 05:04 AM
I can open excel, word, pdf, jpg, gif... i think that is it. All with 8700c without 3rd party apps. (on BES)

So let me see... I never wanted to ask because I didn't want to be accused of not SEARCHING... LOL But I thought as we are discussing that we could open files, then I was told no, you'd need a third party app. Now I see I can open the PDF. WOW< the enhance thing works great.

So what all can I open and read and what will it be better with a third party app, and what can I not open at all, but can with a third party app, IF YOU DON"T MIND. And by all means, tell me where you got the info. so I don' tbother u again.

BERDucky
05-31-2006, 07:42 AM
if your on a BIS the following RIM article lists all the support types of attachments:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/270925/What_Is_-_Supported_attachments_for_BlackBerry_Internet_Service.html?nodeid=722744&vernum=17

snowskier79
05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reference Ducky!

if your on a BIS the following RIM article lists all the support types of attachments:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/270925/What_Is_-_Supported_attachments_for_BlackBerry_Internet_Service.html?nodeid=722744&vernum=17

HRom
05-31-2006, 12:28 PM

Repligo let's you see the various documents in a page view form rather than looking at cells in a spreadsheet for example. I think there was a very comprehensive review in the reviews thread outlining its capabilities

eric0668
05-31-2006, 10:18 PM

BERDucky
06-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Glad to help

proussak
06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I am trying to open a pdf attachment and I get red xes by both Table of Contents and Full Contents and a message saying "The document conversion failed." (I am on BIS and this email went straight to my tmo account.) What am I doing wrong? Thanks.