PDA

View Full Version : My Number Display

rabjac
05-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi All,

Just received my new 7100x yesterday and having a play about with it just now. Could someone tell me how to get my phone number displayed?

If I go into Call Log, next to My Number: reads 'Unknown'. I would presume that my phone number would be displayed here. The only way I could find out the number was to dial another mobile phone.

Also I'm getting lots (1 every 30mins) of emails from network@<hidden> to my corporate email account. Is this normal? As of yet I haven't managed to get the BES software installed and configured.

TIA,
Robert.

juwaack68
05-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Rabjac, welcome to the forum!

For the phone number, I've found with new device I have to call the device once or twice and then make a couple of calls from the device to make the number show up. Also make sure under Phone->Options->General Options that the 'Show My Number' is set to Yes.

hannahkat
05-31-2006, 07:30 AM
If this unit is a SIM card based model, then you can edit the SIM card number which will display 'my number' - go to Settings --> Options --> SIM Card, click wheel to edit SIM Phone number. Exit to save and reboot the unit to complete.
The emails are probably a result of your SPAM filter, the unit is trying to synch service books and the required mail isn't getting through. You need to allow mail with ...blackberry.net through. You may also need to resynch your unit if the service books are incomplete or corrupted.

rabjac
05-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi juwaack68, thanks for the reply.

I've already got the option set. I've tried calling to and from the Blackberry a few times. Nothing yet, but I'll keep trying.

Any advice on the emails that are appearing in my corporate mailbox? Could it have something to do with the Desktop software? As mentioned I don't have the BES software set-up yet.

NJBlackBerry
05-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Did you try to use the Enterprise Activation option? That will cause those messages to appear.

rabjac
05-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks hannahkat. Editing the SIM number worked a treat.

I've reconfigured our any spam software to whitelist SMTP messages from *.blackberry.net. Although I would have thought that if the emails were arriving in my inbox, there're not being treated as spam.

eppey
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Sounds to me like you have the desktop redirector going as well as having setup the BB web client.