PDA

View Full Version : CPU Utilization 100% on BES

Jeeps
05-31-2006, 09:54 AM
I have been finding that BlackberryDispatcher process is pegging the CPU resources on our BES server at near 100% until the server is rebooted. Mail processing does continue most of the time if I let the server go during the spike. RIM claims to know nothing of a possible cause.

The issue occurs at random times thoughout the day. Even RIM admits our hardware is adequate for up to 500 users, so I don't believe this to be a hardware issue especially since this is a Blackberry specific process everytime. The system log does not reveal any problems with the server itself. Server specs below. I checked the proccssor affinity is set to Normal for all blackberry processes. Any ideas?

Server is running Windows 2003 SP1
BES Server Version 4.0.4.5
Our Exchange servers are running Exchange 2000 SP3

Jeeps
06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I have seen several posts talking about corrupt user mail items causing 100% CPU utilization on their BES server. Given this, how am I supposed to determine which users have corrupt mail, calendar items etc?

boobleberry
06-01-2006, 06:08 PM
We had similar issues with the blackberryagent.exe hogging all the cpu. We had to get rid of the users that had tons of pending items (remove/add - reactivate, specifically people who lost cantact within several hours). After that are cpu went down. hope this helps.

Jeeps
06-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks.

EAndresen
06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Same here with bbalert.exe.... Had to stop the service from running. Only have 5 users so no need for alerts.

tankee531
06-19-2006, 02:22 AM
same here with BB Alert. but cpu went down after hard reboot of server.