PDA

View Full Version : How to block voicemail

Teuton
05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm on data plan only with 8700g for few weeks. Today I got my first voicemail. I loathe it littering on home screen. Now how can I block any voicemail? Let alone never answering any voice call? I went to Call Log/Options/General Options, I set Never on Auto Answer Calls way before the voicemail was left for me. Also there is a given phone number as Access Number in Voice Mail section. I did 4-page search and didn't find anything on it.
Per a suggestion, do I have to call back to get rid of voicemail icon on home screen??? It doesn't make sense why should I pay for any voice minute doing that?

juwaack68
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Can you call T-Mo and have them remove the voicemail? With our devices voicemail was an extra 'feature' (and extra $). Our cell phones in Calgary don't have vmail and everyone has their forwarding set to their desk phone (which has unified messaging).

koolbreez
05-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I had the very same issue. I called cust. Care and they blocked vmail for my BB #. Easy, but I think they have to do it from their end. They erased that vmail icon also.

Modernceo
05-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Hrrm.

(n)

Chen_Kenichi
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
At least T-Mobile does it. Cingular doesn't even offer the service to disable voicemail.

Teuton
06-01-2006, 01:03 AM
T-Mobile is processing my request. They said the voicemail icon then should be gone when rebooted.

takeshi
06-01-2006, 08:29 AM
At least T-Mobile does it. Cingular doesn't even offer the service to disable voicemail.
Definitely not true. I don't have voicemail on one of my Cingular lines. Neither does a friend of mine with Cingular. If a Cingular CS rep told youthat they couldn't do it, call again. They're notorious for being inconsistent.

It seems like you could also disable forwarding to the voicemail center in phone options (haven't tried this myself)...

Gmouth
06-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Just call your carrier and stop incomming calls. If you don't use the phone only for emergency and have a phone number, tell them to block the incomming. I had gotten one with someone elses number that was a drug dealer, and I had over 40 dollars of calls. They removed the amount from my bill.

Chen_Kenichi
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I called Cingular twice about this but they both told me they couldn't do it. I guess I should try more times.