PDA

View Full Version : 7100g battery life

joemz
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I've had the 7100g for about 15 months, and noticed that the battery is draining quicker than it did when I first got the phone. Figuring that the battery is going bad, I bought a new one.

But the new one is draining at about the same rate as the original, and I'm pretty sure that is much faster than it used to be.

What would cause that?

The only extra on the phone is bluetooth, which I've always left on.

I don't have any special applications that give temperature, or gps, or anything else that would operate in the background.

I'm on a BES, and besides corporate mail I also get GMail on the BB.

keithc
05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
A Cingular store guy told me they a really only good for a year or so. Mine had a problem after 13 months. I got a new battery and it's better. Not quite what I remember when new, but noticeable.

Jay Kilic
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I have had a few customers with the same issue, the cause of their battery draining out was because they would always have it on charge while in the office, at home etc... if the battery is funnly charged, do not leave it on charge just for the sake of it.

joemz
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
That seems odd to me. I thought that the charger was a trickle charge that is smart enough to detect a 'full charge' and basically do nothing at that point.