PDA

View Full Version : 7130e

RBM885
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi,
I am a new BB user with a 7130e. Does anybody know how to make the message indicator light stay on until a mesage is read?
Thanks

gdpmumin
06-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi,
I am a new BB user with a 7130e. Does anybody know how to make the message indicator light stay on until a mesage is read?
Thanks

First things first: Welcome to BlackBerryForums. The forum to which you posted this question is entitled "BlackBerry on Non-RIM Hardware." But you have a RIM device, so be careful not to post in the wrong forum. Folks on this forum may have no idea what you're talking about. Too, be sure to read all of the sticky threads; they have very valuable information and will answer many of your questions.

Secondly, the LED does time out after a certain period of time, even if the message is still unread. Perhaps something like Message Alerts from WebMessenger (http://www.webmessenger.com/) will help. I've used Message Alerts once before, but only briefly, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help in getting it set up for you.

NJBlackBerry
06-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Moved to the 7100 forum.

whsbuss
06-01-2006, 08:44 AM
The actual timeout of the message notification LED is 15 minutes.

Nickster248
06-01-2006, 09:53 AM
The actual timeout of the message notification LED is 15 minutes.
Is there any way to turn off the LED at night? I used to own a Treo 650, and I had to purchase a nifty Program called Butler, and it had LED options with it, including turning the LED off during at night so you could keep the Treo next to the bed...alarms...without having the LED flashing in a dark room.

The LED seems especially bright on the 7130e.

gdpmumin
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
No, not natively (unless you use the auto off feature). You can turn it off altogether (mine is off). It will still flash when you have a message waiting. I don't really think you need to have it on other than when you have a message waiting.

whsbuss
06-01-2006, 11:29 AM
You can disable the green LED from flashing in Options->Screen/Keyboard->LED Coverage Indicator