PDA

View Full Version : making a call

abgordon
05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

When making a call is there an easy way to dial from address book? For example hit the letter of the persons name from the home screen and display a name list rather than only a number. Just as other cell phones act

Nickster248
06-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I haven 't had my 7130e for long, but I find it extremely easy to make a call, but I do have to bring up the address book. I just hit the first few letters of the name, find it... click the thumbwheel... scroll down to the number I want, and hit the send button.

Only thing easier for me would be voice dial, but I haven't heard whether BB's are capable of voice dialling.

mprocacc
06-17-2006, 01:05 PM
I am reaaaaalllly frustrated. I had to give up my Sprint BB 7250 and get a Verizon BB 7250.

On the Sprint 7250, I could dial from the phone screen by typing a person's name - it would scroll to the person, then i'd click once, it would bring up the person's stored phone numbers, click once and I'm dialing. At most 2 clicks.

On the Verizon 7250 you have to click, scroll to "Dial from Address List", Click, type the person's name, click, then click on "Call the contact", and click on the right phone number. At most FIVE clicks.. WTF?????? :-o