PDA

View Full Version : RMS Error

hf1khal
06-01-2006, 07:09 AM
OK my 8700c was changed by Cingular (speeker problem) with a new one (none refurb) did not load the Telestra yet as I am waiting for the unlock code (whch seems that even Cingular is having the problem in getting). Any, initialy I conected and DM tried to upgrade the software to telstra but it hung up and will not go through ( I do plan to do so after a compelet wipe and re-install of DM then update and then load all) However, since out of GPRS coverage area for a month (international traveling with no GPRS raoming) I have went to back up the BB and I have been get the screen below. When I look into it it show that the BB has 7 RMS databases in it and the back up only took 6 which means that the error of the back up is on that one. If any one can give me an idea as to how dig in further to solve this it would be greatly appreciated.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/hf1khal/Cingular/BBerror.jpg

rcbjr
06-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Have/Had you installed Google Maps for mobile? I get the same thing when I restore from backup, but it doesn't appear to cause any problems exept that all my previous cached searches are lost in google maps. I have just ignored it.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

hf1khal
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes I did install google maps. But the RMS only occures when backing up. the added soft right now are BB reply, IM+, G Maps, BB Mesenger. Did not yet add the rest. As to the restore from the old back up I had the same issue as it missed all OTA instaled as well installing IM+ which I was expecting to happen. Another thing that has been happening on the laptop, when ever I start apploader (trying to install a program) I get the OS system is not installed. I Know I have to do a clean up and start over and leave OTA instals for testing and then install one by one to see which one is causing the issues. My bet is to start all over with a clean install of every thing including DM and before going any where upgrade to Telestra and go on from there.

rcbjr
06-01-2006, 05:54 PM
For the "OS not installed" on the laptop, I assume you haven't downloaded and run the OS install exe file yet on that machine. I truly think you'll find that G maps is the cause. Of the RMS database Problem.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

hf1khal
06-02-2006, 04:52 AM
It always worked with the previouse one (despite it being with Telestra) all upgrades are done on my PC but I also use the laptop for backup when traveling and to keep all 3 in synch. As ti running the OS install.exe why would I need to run it especialy since it has it. I uninstalled GM and and after battery removal it now does back up. Will re-install once back home but I don't know if I will as the new version Berry411 seems to also do a good job.