PDA

View Full Version : no send option when replying

dcpuser
06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey all,

Here's a head scratcher. I deployed about a dozen new 8700g with the 4.1 O/S on it. For some reason, 2 of our users do not have the Send option when replying to any email (reply or reply all). Save Draft does show up. When composing a brand new email they can send though. Resending the service book doesn't work so I did a reactivation which did appear to work. However, the following day the same 2 users came back saying they have the same problem again. They both swear they haven't done anything to the BB except powering on and off the device (I don't believe this is an user issue).

imbadmin
06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Please try this;
Go to Options > Service Books > Desktop [CMIME]. Click wheel and “Delete”. Then, resend the Service Books from BES.

snowskier79
06-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Definetly a service book issue, I had this same issue happen w/my own BB.

jibi
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
If all else fails, wipe the handheld and reactivate it.

dcpuser
06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah that was what I had to do in the end to get it working. Simply deleting the desktop cmime didn't work because the new service book wouldn't take. Re-activating didn't work either and I had to wipe it. Turns out the cause was from people synch-ing their handhelds (runing 4.1) with older versions of desktop manager (pre 4.1). We still use it to synch up public folders and that was what caused the problems. Updating to v 4.1 of desktop manager fixed it.