PDA

View Full Version : Email Problem T Mobile UK

clive.a
06-02-2006, 06:26 AM
I am a T Mobile UK user with a 7100T and do not use BES.

For past 3 weeks I have been receiving emails on handheld that are not addressed to me. These mails are not spam but addressed to a user on the btinternet.com domain.

T Mobile Blackberry Support advised me to wipe handheld, get new Service Book and delete all my integrated emails on the T Mobile Instantemail website. Did all this and am still receiving email from the btinternet.com domain.

Even when you put a filter on the Instantemail website the emails come through to the handheld

The problem is now being passed to RIM for further investigation. Has anybody using T Mobile UK ever experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

asianmaze
06-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Nope, and I've got the same set up as you. Have you tried emailing the other user to see if they've been experiencing some problems?

clive.a
06-02-2006, 07:25 AM
I did email the user - it came straight down to my handheld! It appears he/she does not leave mail on their POP server.

Thanks all the same.

BERDucky
06-02-2006, 07:46 AM
sounds like they have some sort of forwarding rule set up on their server...

i know you said you wiped your handheld but do you by chance still have a service book labled "web client"? if so delete this and see if it resolves the issue

hope this helps

clive.a
06-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Thanks for advice but no web client in service book. Before handheld was wiped there were two entries in Message Services - one InstantEmail and one with "user"@<hidden> There were also two entries for the user in the Service Book . Obviously, since wiping there are no entries for this user but am still receiving all his mail! (Nothing comes into Outlook for this user on my integrated blackberry accounts and my @<hidden> address has been changed but problem still exists.)

RIM investigations continue - they are sending me new handheld/SIM and want my 'phone sent to Canada.

Thanks again.