PDA

View Full Version : BB 8700c Spell Checker & Apps on BB 8700c

slh
06-02-2006, 08:05 AM
The partners in our firm recently purchased BB 8700c's and had an engineer come in to setup/configure a BES server for us.

I am not an engineer and am extremely boggled down with work. I am hoping that someone will:
1) not be offended by my asking your advice with the below 2 items.
2) be kind enough to help/offer your advice on the below 2 items.

Thank you very much for any assistance/input you may be able to offer.

How do I do spell check with the BB 8700c?

Spell Check
The BlackBerry does not have a Spell Check feature. However, there is an auto text feature that detects and corrects common typos.
Spell Check is one of the features available through MetaMessage.

Also, eSpell
dynoplex.com/eSpell

How does the dynocorp product differ from the metamessage application?
Which is better?

dynoplex.com/eOffice_professional
Do we currently have Word, Excel, Adobe, Power Point capability on the BB 8700c? I checked my device, and it does not appear so. I frequently get attachments in all of these formats that I would like to be able to view on the BB. This third party application also has spell check. It's only $199, and I have no problem paying that cost myself so long as you can install it and can check out the product first to be sure it's a good one (and to be sure there's not something better out there). Let me know. Thanks.

Stinsonddog
06-02-2006, 08:28 AM
With BES properly configured you can view all those attachments without dynoplex. I prefer bbSpell, and you can see notes on it on my tips page for spell checkers.

phillyslickster
06-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (7105t: BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've only used the espell on my bb devices and I was satisfied and never even looked at using a different application. My suggestion is to test each version and get the one that fits your personal preference.

cooperpwc
06-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Consider me a fan of eSpell also. Device-based (no data communication with servers) and it works very well. It also allows one to create a user dictionary.

koleary19067
06-02-2006, 05:11 PM
eSpell is real good