PDA

View Full Version : Find in Address Book Does Not Work

andrew.shaevel@rsa.fiserv
06-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Has anyone encountered a problem that causes the find function to not work in the addressbook (contacts)?

Before yesterday, when you typed a string of letters, the find function returned a list of matched contacts...today it says *No Addresses*, despite the fact that I have 1500+ contacts.

HELP! - Thanks in advance for your assistance!

ebgreen
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Try clicking the thumbwheel and selecting Lookup.

06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
The lookup feature searches our corporate addressbook not my local address book. Any other ideas?

blenahan
06-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I am assuming you have already hard booted the device? You can always try syncing them in Outlook, deleting them from the Berry, and syncing them back over from Outlook to the Berry.

06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
how do you hard boot the device? Is that more that turning it on and off? Do I have to remove the battery to do this?

blenahan
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
yes, or you can do a ALT+CAP+DEL, then when it starts coming up, do it again. This supposedly does the same thing, but if you want to make sure, pop the battery out for a few seconds, then back in and let it boot back up and try again.

kd78
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
you might have accidentally enabled a filter which would only allow you to quicksearch in that category of contacts. Click the trackwheel when in your address book and click FILTER. You can check to make sure no filters are on
(or the appropriate filters are on)

06-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I checked on the filters and none are active - good idea - others?

blenahan
06-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Like I stated earlier, I would making sure they are all synced with Outlook, turn off wireless if you do OTA sync using BES, then go into Backup/Restore and under Advanced, clear all the Address Book entries from the DEVICE. Then sync it back with Outlook using Intellisync, and see if that helps you. Thus you are wiping the contact database and then copying it back over.