PDA

View Full Version : 3 Browser Choices?

kbweaver
06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Newbe question.. so please bear with me. The main screen on my 8700c has 3 different browsers to choose from: "Cingular Browser", "Blackberry Browser" and "Internet Browser". Can anyone tell me if one offers any greater functionality over the other? Thanks, KB

lgreenberg
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Cingular browser is mostly for WAP sites, Media Net etc.

Internet browser is for everyday browsing and works best for most sites.

Blackberry Browser is for your corporate site.

digitalslacker
06-02-2006, 02:10 PM
i use opera mini sometimes too
i don't really find any difference between any of them

wxjunkie
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I downloaded Opera mini but I can't get my 8700c to allow it Internet access. Anyone know how?

egale
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
I just downloaded Opera Mini. It first checked to see if there was network access. Then it had me agree to their conditions. After that it worked fine. Didn't have to do anything for it to run. Its a bit different from the standard included browsers. It renders pages differently also. Will have to really use it to see if I like it better.

wxjunkie
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I agreed to the Terms, too, but it still didn't work. Said I needed to configure for internet access ...

allenranger2
06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I downloaded Opera mini but I can't get my 8700c to allow it Internet access. Anyone know how?

Make sure you check your APN settings. It's in Options, Advanced, TCP. Each carrier is different, but search around here, you'll find it easily.

BBdjo
06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
I find Opera Mini to be the best choice for me : the pages are adapted to the small screen and compressed before being sent to the BB, which makes for more readable web sites and much smaller data exchange (a web page that I did and that weight about 40ko is down to 9ko with Opera Mini).

The only drawback is that I would not do any sensitive surfing with it, as Opera does sit in the middle with its proxy servers. But otherwise, this is a great solution (and the app itself is very small, too, since everything is done at the server side)

infernox
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Cingular browser is mostly for WAP sites, Media Net etc.

Internet browser is for everyday browsing and works best for most sites.

Blackberry Browser is for your corporate site.
Man, I am glad someone asked that and someone answered it. I was going to ask the same question.