PDA

View Full Version : 8700c bluetooth data transfer

John Hall
06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
can anyone please tell me if there is a software package that will allow me to transfer contact information via my bluetooth connection. Most bluetooth capable phones/pda has an option to send contacts via email, pim, or bluetooth.

Please Help
JOHN

NJBlackBerry
06-03-2006, 08:13 PM
The latest versions of Desktop Manager, which is free and available from your carrier and from RIM allows you to do PIM data transfer...

There is a dedicated Bluetooth Connection forum here...

garran
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
can anyone please tell me if there is a software package that will allow me to transfer contact information via my bluetooth connection. Most bluetooth capable phones/pda has an option to send contacts via email, pim, or bluetooth.

Please Help
JOHN

Are you asking how to transfer PIM between computer and Blackberry

OR

Transfer PIM between Blackberry and cellular phone

moozhi
06-16-2006, 05:10 PM
can you transfer pix to the BB through bluetooth connection?
If so, what program can you use to do this?

NJBlackBerry
06-16-2006, 05:42 PM
You can not transfer pix, or even pictures, through the Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth on a BB can do the following:

- Wireless headsets
- a few BT keyboards
- BT printing (see Thinprint)
- PIM sync to certain laptops and dongles for desktops

That's it. No data transfer. No beaming to other BBs. Can't use it as a BT modem.

MMB916
07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi All,

A title you have all seen this title before. I have searched the threads and haven't been able to find my issue. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.:oops:

I am trying to synch via Bluetooth w/Desktop Manager w/my laptop. On the BB 8700c under Bluetooth, it shows my laptop and on my laptop it shows my BB 8700c. So I follow the instruction in Desktop Manager to go to properties in the BB Device Manager and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled - well, it's grayed out. I can't access that option. I also don't see the COM port listed in the list that I think the BB is synched over (I think it's com4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dariusz
03-16-2007, 06:46 AM
I have problem to transfer my contacts phone book via BlueTooth from BB 8703 to hands free CK3200 Parrot device.
After pairing both devices I see only contact from letters A and B transferred.

I would like to request to hepl me to solve this problem.

Is it possible to transfer manualy contact from BB to this device?

Regards

Dariusz

Airmark1
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
You can not transfer pix, or even pictures, through the Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth on a BB can do the following:

- Wireless headsets
- a few BT keyboards
- BT printing (see Thinprint)
- PIM sync to certain laptops and dongles for desktops

That's it. No data transfer. No beaming to other BBs. Can't use it as a BT modem.

And Telenav - GPS reciever