PDA

View Full Version : Its me ot the BB, but 1 of us is gonna die! pls help me!!

demanufac
06-04-2006, 06:57 AM
right
I feel like a shmuck & a failure as far as being a techno geek is concerened.
I've been reading the instrucktions on how to set up my email & web stuffs for my 8700, but I just don't understand how to do it.
This 'Data Connection Refused' thing is really starting to bruise my ego!

Can some kind & wonderful person take pity on me & help me with a very basic, step by step walk through on how to get all this operational?

:smile:

Berry One
06-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Data Connection Refused usually means you do not have blackberry properly set up by your wireless carrier.
They must enable blackberry data plan for your 8700. You must agree to pay for it.:smile:

Start with talking to customer support of your wireless carrier.

finch
06-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Do you have a have a BlackBerry Data Plan? Not GPRS data or something a specific BlackBerry Data Plan, if so login to you BIS account usually off your carriers site eg. www.rogers.com/bwc from their add your POP3 email accounts. Also if you do have a BlackBerry Data Plan you may want to call you carrier and confirm your service books have been sent down to your device.

demanufac
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
I have a 'Web & Walk' add on from T-Mobile UK
The guy at the shop asid that everything was set up for me
I knew I couldn't be that technologically unsound!

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2006, 08:09 AM
As has been stated, no other data plans mean a thing when using a BlackBerry. You must have the BlackBerry Data Plan; otherwise all you will get is voice and SMS, with a Data Connection Refused message....

finch
06-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Well call the clown on it as you've been had... While your at it tell him to get his facts in place before telling users there set!

dres79
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
i got that this morning after calling my vcml...so i took the battery out for about a min then when i turned it back on it was gone and is working fine

asianmaze
06-04-2006, 01:45 PM
"I have a 'Web & Walk' add on from T-Mobile UK
I knew I couldn't be that technologically unsound!"

Call T-mobile uk on 150 and explain you need to set up your BB. That's what I did and they got me up and running with a data plan, my instantemail address and all my pop3 email addresses sorted out very quickly. Then go and stare very hard at the guy in the shop before you kick him.

silverxbaby
06-04-2006, 03:05 PM

I'm on T-Mobile UK and pay a monthly fee on top of my regular plan price specifically for BlackBerry usage. As part of this I am able to log in to their instant email website and set everything up. When I first had my BB, they couldn't be put on the Web and Walk plan, although this may have changed (it still isn't offered on the internet though). When you call customer services are you put through to the BlackBerry section? They're pretty good, but very busy.

PIN: 2041EABD

demanufac
06-05-2006, 03:57 AM
Yeah, the cretin at the store sold me the web & walk package, but in his anti-deftness, had bugger all of an idea how the engine of the beast works!
Aparently u can't use the web & walk option on a BB, UNLESS you take on board their instant Email package too, because thats the portal that the internet streaming would use.
The customer service ppl r very good, I am waiting for them to call back.
Its kind of a bugger that I have to pay for the instant email & now add on the web & walk.
But the way I see it, its only means I have to cut 3 pints of Guinness out of my usual pub diet to equal out the impact of the stupidity & shoddy training on T Mobiles sales staff.