PDA

View Full Version : wipe data/reformat my blackberry 7100g

vincentnyc
06-04-2006, 10:41 AM
my boss decided to give my blackberry to someone else in the company. how would i go about wiping the data clean like my contacts, emails, apps like bbweather or google talk etc.

i know there is a way where if u put in your 10 wrong password tries, it will wipe the phone clean. but my question will you still be able to use the phone afterward when you do this procedure? like calling, getting email etc. or maybe this is not the correct way to to do. if so, can someone point me in the right direction? thx in advance.

MrKyoo
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=252057#post252057

-MrKyoo

vincentnyc
06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
nope...that link you gave me was no help. if i were to use the javaloader...it would wipe everything out including the os etc. which will render the phone useless.

the other steps was talking about if you had verizon theme. i dont know what it is. but i went into settings>options>security>...and i don't see a "wipe" data feature anywhere.

btw...i have cingular blackberry if that will help you to determine what i need to do. so anyone here know how to wipe data out on my blackberry? thx in advance.

NJBlackBerry
06-04-2006, 05:49 PM
If you want to wipe out applications AND data, you must use Javaloader. Then reconnect the BB to Desktop Manager and reload the Operating system.

The only other choice is to set the security password, enter it incorrectly 10 times (which will wipe out the data) and then go into Settings/Options/Applications and delete the third party applications one by one. You may actually have to go into the modules themselves (one more trackwheel click) and delete them.

I find it easier to use Javaloader and then reload just the OS (with no third party applications).

d_fisher
06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
i went into settings>options>security>...and i don't see a "wipe" data feature anywhere.You wont see Wipe on the Security screen. You have to press the scroll wheel and Wipe Handheld is on the pop up menu.

vincentnyc
06-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Y is it easier to use javaloader? I only have about 50 contacts and about 25 emails. Plus I only have 3 apps: bbweather, google talk and bb411. Wouldn't it be easier for me to try type in 10 incorrect password and then go into settings on the bb and remove apps 1 by 1?

NJBlackBerry
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
javaloader -usb wipe

Reconnect to Desktop Manager

You can easily do a security wipe and then delete the apps, but I was just giving you an alternative.